GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question Extended cab side window options?

Just wondering, I love my truck but I donít like that the widows donít open what so ever. Is there a window I could get that will open? Not roll down, I know that would be a ton of work but, just like a bottom pop open.
    I know I did not explain real well but I think you will understand.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

oooOOooo the wt dont have no roll down back windows? Wow that would annoy me also, i have never heard of anything like what you are saying and it would for sure be alot of work haha, got that right.
    Adam
    11 Silverado Summit White Ext. Cab 5.3L Z71 9k miles
    RC leveling kit
    Jason fiberglass tonneau cover
    Penda-liner
    Superchips 91 octane tune
    Front air dam removed
    6,000k lowbeams 6,000k fogs
    color match bowties
    color match mudflaps
    20% tint all the way around
    20% tinted 6in sunshade
    Nitto terra grappler 275/70r17 (winter setup)
    Chevy 22s with Bridgestone Alenza 285/45r22 (summer setup)
    Kenwood DNX6180 indash

Quote Originally Posted by sevi084x4 View Post
    oooOOooo the wt dont have no roll down back windows? Wow that would annoy me also, i have never heard of anything like what you are saying and it would for sure be alot of work haha, got that right.
    Yep it does but see I would only do a roll down if that was the only way but what I was thinking which would be fine to me, you know the old vans the side windows that have that black handle that pulls up and pushes out? The top of the window is connected but the bottom just pops out an inch or two. That is what I want

yours dosnt have like the older body styles do with the back part of the window that pops out with the little cam latch? weird.

as far as what you asking, you may be able to get the electric motors and such put in. i know the newer 07 + have electric rear windows in the extended cabs. how much itll cost, i have no idea.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Nope and that is all I want. Just to pop out a little.

I don't think it's really possible with our back windows I was just looking on my truck. On the old trucks the window is about even with the cab. The windows on our truck, since they roll down on other trims, are recessed into the door. But if you really don't want it to roll down you'll have to be creative? I personally love how my back windows roll down
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Have you talked to a glass company about a custom install? Get the hinges and then have them cut the glass and sheet metal where necessary.

Go look at some astro vans and see where you can adapt the hinges they use.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"