GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Member from NJ

Hello everyone I am Joe and bought my first truck let alone Chavy in December 2011. I picked up a 2011 Silverado 1500 LT crew cab with the Z71 package. Love the truck to death....have wanted one for 5 years....not the most attractive guy so took a lot of time working the corner to save my pennies. Anyways I have started to modify the truck with the basics. BedRug bedliner, 15% tints on the front windows, 5% tinit stip on windshield, in channel window vent guards, bug deflector, and a Truxedo sport rollup cover. My goal is to "murder" out the truck for the most part. I have chrome rims and chrom tube bars on the sides which I don't plan on changing at least any time soon because of money. This weekend I will be removing the dealer decals, flex fuel decal and the Z71 patch for sure. Contemplating the other badges to black it out but no 100% yet (hoping there is no ghosting or paint shade difference when the are removed....crossing fingers). Hopefully by next year I will have fender flares and grille guard. Not sure if I am going full guard or bull bar....leaning more towards full. The truck is used as a truck, hauls, tows, and is in the woods for hunts and fishing trips. Any ideas and help with decal removal would be great. Thanks

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Where in NJ are you?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

From Morris County. Pretty much north central part.

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club! It sounds like you're on your way, Joe; have you posted an album with some pics of your baby, yet?

Regarding decal removal, take a heat gun or hair dryer to the decal, beginning at the edges (and working toward the center of the decal) ... lifting the decal slowly (so-as not to tear it) away from the vehicle as the adhesive releases. Remove as much of the decal as possible in this manner, then take some Goo Gone to what remains and carefully remove the remainder. Once it's fully removed, go over your paint with water to make sure no residue from the Goo Gone remains. Be careful not to overheat the decal or paint when using the head gun or hair dryer, as the decal will melt and well, your paint worry should be obvious.

I have not posted pictures yet well because they are on my cell phone and haven't uploaded them to the computer as of yet. I will as soon as possible. As for the decals. The truck is a year old think I will have a problem with paint fade or anything of the sorts?

I'd hope not for a one year old truck.

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the club and enjoy the site......

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Quote Originally Posted by ecso586 View Post
    I have not posted pictures yet well because they are on my cell phone and haven't uploaded them to the computer as of yet. I will as soon as possible. As for the decals. The truck is a year old think I will have a problem with paint fade or anything of the sorts?

If you wanna take a trip over to me in Bergen County by Paramus, One night I have a heat gun and all the stuff needed to take them off.. Pm me and we can set something up..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you with us.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Welcome to the club! Post pics when you can.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast