GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Simple and Cheap performance gains?

Is there anyone out there who knows some simple and cheaper performance add on's i already have a programmer and im looking to start delving into the motor. thinking cold air intake and maybe a TBS any other ideas to add a few horses without busting the bank?
    thanks in advance :D
    5.3L VORTEC
    EXT CAB PEWTER
    33X11.50X16 MICKEY THOMPSON TTC CLAW
    AR MAINLINE RIMS
    STRAIGHT PIPE
    LEVELED OUT
    7 FOOT FIRE STICK BLUE
    COBRA CB
    2 12S AND A 3500 WATT AMP
    6000K HID IN FOG AND HEADLIGHT WITH SMOKED LENSES

no such thing as a simple and cheap power add. TB spacers are junk, dont bother. intakes help with wide open throttle, but dont do much otherwise. I see you already have a tuner and exhaust. to get more your going into the engine. I.E. new cam and so on.

cheap power adds? reduce weight.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Headers would be my next step if I were you. And like said above, a tbs will not do much for your truck. Those are useful to the older engines.
    Adam
    2004.5 CCSB Duramax
    Max Effort Tuning by Idaho Rob - Goerend Transmission - PCV ReRoute - EGR Blocked - Plugged Resonator - 5" Diamond Eye Turbo Back - Tie Rod Sleeves - All On Mod - Edge Insight CTS - Recon Taillights, Cab Lights, & 3rd Brake Light

^^^^^ Agreed with Alex, I also recommend headers

Edit: looks like ChevyHD beat me too it
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Get a custom tune to go with that programmer. Hopefully you bought one that allows you to data log and lay in custom tunes from a custom tuner so that the handheld is a stepping stone to a custom tune rather than becoming vestigial. Custom tunes run as cheap as $135 bucks if you have a Diablosport programmer...

yeah.. what programmer do you already have???
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

If you have a diablosport... ^^^^Lew is your man!!!!
    Adam
    2004.5 CCSB Duramax
    Max Effort Tuning by Idaho Rob - Goerend Transmission - PCV ReRoute - EGR Blocked - Plugged Resonator - 5" Diamond Eye Turbo Back - Tie Rod Sleeves - All On Mod - Edge Insight CTS - Recon Taillights, Cab Lights, & 3rd Brake Light

And if you don't have a Diablorsport ... ask yourself why not.

There are a few cheap mods you can do PM me if your interested
    2004 gmc sierra ext z71 5.3
    PERFORMANCE...
    KB racing hot pipes 3.5" : 76mm turbo: 4l80e : Circle-d 2b multi disk :Walbro 400 : Racetronix Hotwire kit : TB coolant bypass : Nelson 91 Pcm : Tr 220 Cam : Brian Tooley double springs kit : Ls7 Lifters : Stage 3 heads : Custom Intake Manifold :80lb Injectors : Ported TB : 40k tranny cooler: Plx dm-100 gauge: Auto meter fuel and boost gauge:
    APPEARANCE...
    Custom Speedo : Leveling kit :Smoked led taillights and 3rd break light : Black projectors and fogs with hids : Blacked out grille : 33's on 16's : Clarion flip screen: sound que 12" subs: clerion 6x9's : Memhpis amps: Alpine componet set.
    Future mods... Detriot tru-trac, deviels own stage 2 meth kit, MORE BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, please keep the discussion in the public forum so that it may be of benefit to everyone. If we resort to sending pm messages to each other for answers to the questions that are asked, then it sort of defeats the purpose of the open forum.
    Last edited by moogvo; 06-08-2012 at 01:20 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast