GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 8.1l 2500 what tuner to buy? fitch fuel catalyst?

hello i have an 03 2500hd crew, 8.1l with the allison trans. i know getting good fuel mileage is out of the question qith this beast, but id like to get at least 1-2 mpg better. im getting around 11 now and i drive very very conservative. im looking at buying a tuner, and was just curious what everyone has used, or is using and how they like it. im looking into either the bully dog triple gt, deablo trinity, or the edge evolution cts. again its more to tune it for better fuel economy. also is anyone using a fitch fuel catalyst? and how is thta working or not working to improve mileage. thanks in advance

there will be quite a few opionions, but custom tunes are going to be ideal and there is a diablo sponsor on here. As far as the fitch goes not sure, could be a marketing gimmick but Ill see if someone else with experience comes on here
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

i guess the only thing i dont like about a custom tune, is if it doesnt work, or i ever want to go back to stock or change pipes or whatever, im stuck, at least with the programmer i can change the download, or if it doesnt work resell it. i guess thats just my opinion.

wow, i was hoping for more help from everyone on here, so i just went out and bought the fitch fuel, and an edge evolution cts tuner. hoping to do the installs this weekend if i get time.

sorry man. Let us know how it goes after the installs. I would install one and run it for a while so you can get an accurate judge on its economy increases etc. then install the second and see the differences. otherwise you wont know if one of them even did anything. maybe do the fitch first and run for a couple tanks to get economy numbers. then install programmer and know that mileage will decrease at first as I am sure you wont be able to keep the foot from burrying the skinny pedal initially.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member