GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: covers

Default covers

Hello everyone I just bought a 2008 regular cab Silverado LT. Which rolls up covers are the best quality? (I just want to keep snow from building up in the box) and which spray liners are best. (I need a hard surface that I can shovel from.) I would like to hear what everyone thinks.

Legend

As far as the liner. Rhino or Line-x, would be great. Both are hard but I think that Rhino is a little more rubbery. As far as the roll up covers go do you want soft or hard? Do you need something functional or strictly to keep snow out? Check out truckaddons.com and stylinconcepts.com. They have tons of them and you can see which one would fit you best. Hope this helps.

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the site! I have a roll-up cover made by Truxedo that is inexpensive but has a nice look. It has sturdy cross supports that are flat so it does not look like a covered wagon. It's very functional as it rolls up tightly behind the cab allowing use of the full bed. I see them for $269 with free shipping at several on-line sites.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Welcome aboard
    First of all.

You didn’t fill in your signature card, where you live and such. So we really don’t know what type would be best for you.

If you only get a little snow, middle of the country you don’t need to get as heavy duty as we do here in the north. If you live in the northern states I would recommend the hard cover.

Technology is great, when it Works,
    And one Big Pain in the Ass When it Doesnít.
    Detroit Iron Rules, All the Rest are Just Toys.
    94 GMC Burban, 5.7L (350), 4X4, Auto
    86 GMC Burban, 350, 2 WD, Auto
    79 GMC pickup plow truck, 400, Full time 4X4, Auto
    86 Pontiac Fiero SE, 2.8L, Auto, only mid engine American car
    See a Pattern yet?

15 year GM assembly line worker.

Default Thanks for the reply. I want a hard surface. In the past I've always used a bedliner

Quote Originally Posted by finalday7 View Post
    As far as the liner. Rhino or Line-x, would be great. Both are hard but I think that Rhino is a little more rubbery. As far as the roll up covers go do you want soft or hard? Do you need something functional or strictly to keep snow out? Check out truckaddons.com and stylinconcepts.com. They have tons of them and you can see which one would fit you best. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the reply. I want a hard surface. In the past I've always used a bedliner but thought the spray liners may be hard enought. I also want a cover thats easy to roll up and of good quality. I just want to keep bed from filling with snow.

Quote Originally Posted by 84fiero123 View Post
    Welcome aboard
    First of all.

You didnít fill in your signature card, where you live and such. So we really donít know what type would be best for you.

If you only get a little snow, middle of the country you donít need to get as heavy duty as we do here in the north. If you live in the northern states I would recommend the hard cover.
    Thanks I live in Chicago I wand a cover that will keep snow out but is easy to remove as I will use my truck for gardening in the summer.

Legend

http://www.truckaddons.com/tonneau-covers.htm
    Check out that link they have tons of tonneaus you can go through.

KRIS
    2007 GMC Sierra CrewCab 4.8L
    Tinted Windows, 20" Chrome MB Predators on 275/55/20 Copper AT's, GM Bed Rug, Speed Scene Chrome Grille, Putco Chrome Handles, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, Magnaflow Muffler and many more mods to come.
    Former GM Vehicles:
    96 Chevy Camaro. My first car modded for a High School kid.