GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

You are right! Not only was my 09 Serria assembled in Mexico as I was upgrading things I found "Made in China" on the back of every plastic and electrical component! My friends Trunda is more American than my Serria! I call it my Mexican/American/ Chinese truck!

Chevy and Gmc should be counted together. If GM doesn't stop ignoring some the issue they are have with these NNBS than they are going to develope a reputation. That's going to hurt them even more in the sales area.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by donyms View Post
    Thanks for the update. I still stand on buying American brands. I found this list on consumer reports FYI.

BMW owns: BMW, Mini, and Rolls Royce
    Fiat owns: Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Fiat, Lancia, Maserati; Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep–20-percent stake
    Ford Motor Company owns: Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Volvo (for now), and still owns 13.4 percent of Mazda
    General Motors owns: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC. Also owns a controlling interest in Daewoo, as well as Opel and Vauxhall in Europe and Holden in Australia. (Pontiac to be discontinued)
    Honda owns: Honda, Acura
    Hyundai owns: Hyundai, Kia
    Tata Motors (India) owns: Jaguar and Land Rover
    Mazda (partially owned by Ford)

Mitsubishi
    Daimler AG owns: Mercedes-Benz and Smart
    Nissan owns: Nissan and Infiniti (Nissan is owned by Renault--France)
    Porsche owns: Porsche and a majority share in Volkswagen
    Subaru (A controlling interest of Subaru is owned by Toyota)

Suzuki
    Toyota Motor Company owns: Lexus, Toyota, Scion, Daihatsu and Hino Motors, with a stake in Fuji Industries (Subaru’s parent company) and Isuzu
    Volkswagen owns: Audi, Volkswagen, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, and overseas SEAT and Skoda.
    In formal negotiations to be sold:
    Hummer: Tengzhong (China)
    Saturn: Penske Automotive Group
    Saab: Koenigsegg (Sweden)

WOW can't believe some of that data! now my head hurts ugh
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Lets not ignore the fact that "buying American" doesn't just start and end with the everyday consumer. There's also a responsibility to the company's producing products to buy American.
    Obviously that discussion becomes a much deeper one when the issue's of why these company's aren't buying American made products with American workers making them........ which is a BIG sore point for me as well .......... But the sad fact is, if these company's garner our loyalty through purchases of their products, all while selling us non American goods.....Then who's the fool in this process?

Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    Lets not ignore the fact that "buying American" doesn't just start and end with the everyday consumer. There's also a responsibility to the company's producing products to buy American.
    Obviously that discussion becomes a much deeper one when the issue's of why these company's aren't buying American made products with American workers making them........ which is a BIG sore point for me as well .......... But the sad fact is, if these company's garner our loyalty through purchases of their products, all while selling us non American goods.....Then who's the fool in this process?
    This a very good point.
    Now how do we get our manufacturing back? Will we ever recover manufacturing that we had huge companies sell out America on?
    I like what Starbucks owner is doing by buying as much American goods as possible and even reopening manufacturing facilities to support his company as well as the USA.

Sadly 68% of everything sold in the USA now comes from a foreign entity. The largest numbers being purchased over seas is the Old we only sell American made, WALMART. Since Sam passed current management has pushed even more Non-American products into their stores and even is courting Chinese banks.
    They used to publish a large list of USA products but I can't seem to find it anymore.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    This a very good point.
    Now how do we get our manufacturing back? Will we ever recover manufacturing that we had huge companies sell out America on?
    I like what Starbucks owner is doing by buying as much American goods as possible and even reopening manufacturing facilities to support his company as well as the USA.

Sadly 68% of everything sold in the USA now comes from a foreign entity. The largest numbers being purchased over seas is the Old we only sell American made, WALMART. Since Sam passed current management has pushed even more Non-American products into their stores and even is courting Chinese banks.
    They used to publish a large list of USA products but I can't seem to find it anymore.
    Ah, the 68 billion dollar question my friend. :-/

The problem (in my opinion) lies in too much big govt interference (IE: Taxes, regs, etc...) and union strong/strangle holds on business's. Most big company's can't help but go outside the country to keep costs down and profits up because of these things.
    No matter what the "occupy protesters" believe or are told to believe, company's are in business to make profits. It's called capitalism, and that's what (used) to make us the strongest nation in the world. China caught on and now they employ capitalism with a communist twist........super cheap labor and no govt regs at all! Not much we can do to compete with that, other than stop buying foreign merchandise, and get back to less govt. That in turn will take away corrupt union control of govt employees and create a stronger free market with lower overhead costs.

Obviously it's a MUCH more involved process than that, but it's the "gist" of the crux IMO.

Yes I agree. But even our beer companies have sold out to foreign entities and while the product is still made here the profits go elsewhere.
    Not sure Romney can repair but Obutthead definitely will not repair . I need real change not Obutthead change
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

Yes I agree. But even our beer companies have sold out to foreign entities and while the product is still made here the profits go elsewhere.
    Not sure Romney can repair but Obutthead definitely will not repair . I need real change not Obutthead change
    I couldn't agree more!

So how do we as peons get the work force back in the states and keep foreigners from immigrating here with bad intentions?
    The new lack of enforcement by Obutthead administration in regards to undocumented individuals under a certain age is blasphemy
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

So how do we as peons get the work force back in the states and keep foreigners from immigrating here with bad intentions?
    Bring our troops home from the middle east and put them to work laying mines on our sides of both the northern and southern borders instead of bothering with fences and other 'solutions' that don't work. Mines are cheap, have a proven history of working well, and a great ROI (return on investment); there are mines to this day in the northern deserts of Africa still doing their jobs 70 years after being planted. Once the mines are down place signage facing away from our Country in multiple languages ... stating a minefield exists and one enters at his/her own risk and is solely responsible for his/her choice to continue. That way there are no liability concerns...

I think you'll find a lot fewer illegal border crossing attempts if we take that approach. I also think you'll bring the success rate of such illegal border crossing attempts to a grinding halt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast