GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

When can we start? tomorrow?
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

i think a minefield would work great! keeps the north koreans from heading south....

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

It seems to work everywhere. Why do we not implement it here? Seems like we aren't as worried about USA security
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

I like those ideas!

The tough part is getting the jobs back into the US. And that wont happen until we have a big change on all sides of government isles!

I have taken many things apart on my truck. Granted, it is not new at all. But it is 100% USA/Canada made.

And we don't get "jobs back in the US" until it is financially better here than over in China. And if you think that has anything to do with which politicians are in office, you are dreaming. Big business will do what gives them the best profit margin. It costs more for labor here. What will bring the labor back will be complaints from the parent company that the factories in China have poor quality control and that they feel it is better here.
    Last edited by The Heater; 06-27-2012 at 12:14 AM.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

i can say with honesty that for sure my suspension parts(both parts i bought and parts that i made) are made in america. about 25% of my wires are made in america. other than that it would be a lie to say anything else was. if it was or was not i dont know and there for will not say it was. even my solder is mostly made in mexico. some is made in china. we have to many global warming nuts and tree huggers here for any manufacture to bring anything back to america. disband peta, disband epa and you will start seeing (MADE IN USA) again.
    94 sub 6inch lift 34inch bfg mt. massive rework project soon. the audio system hit 150.3db so now its time to rebuild and try for 155db. mudpuppy is also getting a new engine, rebuilt ifs, dual 500amp 15.1vdc alts, 5 5,000amp batts, ant the combined wattage with the new system should be close to 15,000watts. this is going to be a wild ride boy and girls.

Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    i can say with honesty that for sure my suspension parts(both parts i bought and parts that i made) are made in america. about 25% of my wires are made in america. other than that it would be a lie to say anything else was. if it was or was not i dont know and there for will not say it was. even my solder is mostly made in mexico. some is made in china. we have to many global warming nuts and tree huggers here for any manufacture to bring anything back to america. disband peta, disband epa and you will start seeing (MADE IN USA) again.
    I agree 100% that made in America needs to make a return and I also agree with your idea on how to make that happen. I will add that although so many things are made overseas now it is a small comfort to me to at least buy from an American company where the profits come back here. Profit is in fact the reason companies exist. Go U.S.A.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    Wow. You must believe there really is a tooth fairy and an Easter Bunny.

EPA and PETA have nothing to do with manufacturing being outsourced overseas. Talk to any CEO. Our labor costs here are "too high" for them. They are too high because unions make it that way. If you want change, go get unions to change how they negotiate new contracts. Strikes are what cause companies to turn a blind eye to labor here and go overseas or locate plants in right to work states. I am a former Teamster and Retail Clerk, but all they ever did for me was take my dues.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by The Heater View Post
    Wow. You must believe there really is a tooth fairy and an Easter Bunny.

EPA and PETA have nothing to do with manufacturing being outsourced overseas. Talk to any CEO. Our labor costs here are "too high" for them. They are too high because unions make it that way. If you want change, go get unions to change how they negotiate new contracts. Strikes are what cause companies to turn a blind eye to labor here and go overseas or locate plants in right to work states. I am a former Teamster and Retail Clerk, but all they ever did for me was take my dues.
    The EPA has alot to do with outsourcing, many foreign countries do not have all the environmental laws we now have in this country and can pretty much do what they want overseas. While i want to have clean water and clean air etc etc the EPA is totally out of control.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123