GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    thats so true ape. to me a good gun is one you are comfortable with. for most people, a 500 dollar rifle and a 5000 dollar rifle will shoot mostly the same.

ive been itching to get a .223, either in a AR platform, or in another bolt action. the other thing Id like to get is a pump rifle of some sort. .30-.30 maybe?

Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    As far as the "pump" gun is concerned....Are you talking an actual pump? Or did you mean a lever action?
    I have a Marlin .30-.30 lever action. Its a great shooter and I enjoy the lever action, you would enjoy a lever action. If you are like me though its always fun trying to get the bosses permission to buy new toys
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

yeah, i was thinking a full on pump rifle in a plinker, maybe a old winchester 1906??? it would cost a fair few $$$ but eh, they are fun. Levers are fun to, buddy of mine bought his little brother a ruger 10/96. uses the magazine from a 10/22, but its a lever. since its a .22 the lever throw is super short, tons of fun.
    @Ape, i may have to have you build me a AR. im fairly ignorant on actually putting them together beyond simple tear down/field stripping. also, I have none of the tools for such a project.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    I have a Marlin .30-.30 lever action. Its a great shooter and I enjoy the lever action, you would enjoy a lever action. If you are like me though its always fun trying to get the bosses permission to buy new toys
    Tis always better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
    Can't tell you how many times the wife has asked where a new gun in the rack of the gun room came from.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    yeah, i was thinking a full on pump rifle in a plinker, maybe a old winchester 1906??? it would cost a fair few $$$ but eh, they are fun. Levers are fun to, buddy of mine bought his little brother a ruger 10/96. uses the magazine from a 10/22, but its a lever. since its a .22 the lever throw is super short, tons of fun.
    @Ape, i may have to have you build me a AR. im fairly ignorant on actually putting them together beyond simple tear down/field stripping. also, I have none of the tools for such a project.

Alex
    I'd be happy to build ya one Alex! It would cost ya a bit more than normal cause I'd have to ship it (shipping costs) to an FFL in your neck of the woods so he could do a transfer for ya. But good ones normally only charge around 25 bucks for the transfer.

I've been wanting to build a AR for a long time. But with the recent enlistment into the Navy, I think this can wait a while.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    I've been wanting to build a AR for a long time. But with the recent enlistment into the Navy, I think this can wait a while.
    CONGRATS and THANK YOU!

I love the pump action guns and have a few. Lever action is ok when i wanna play "the Rifleman" But I like the pump and bolt action
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    CONGRATS and THANK YOU!
    No problems. Its going to be better than where I am now. Work with A BUNCH OF IDIOTS who probably can't even pass the ASVAB...

---------- Post added at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    I love the pump action guns and have a few. Lever action is ok when i wanna play "the Rifleman" But I like the pump and bolt action

Only pumps I have are 3; 870 12 gauges and thats it. Started looking recently for a M1 Carbine but thats semi auto.

my .17 HMR is a bolt, along with my R700 .25-06. then have a pump 870 and my XD.

i think my next shotgun is gonna be a nice 1100 or 1187. maybe a benelli, but those are SPENDY for new, and when it comes to guns, I prefer to buy new. kinda wanna go the the gun range now and -lay with my .17.

@Ape, dont spose ud be interested in a trade? my R700 was kind of a impulse buy, and I dont have much use for one, at this point a good AR would do me more good. pm me for more info if you want.

Alex

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123