GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Texas Gun Range To Host Children's Birthday Parties

Only in Texas ...where was this when I/We were growing up?! I love going to the range and letting loose a couple hundred rounds and I've been pulling triggers on guns and hunting since about as long as I can remember.

Don't quite know how to just pull the video though so here it is

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...170222318.html

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Actually that's something you might see in Arizona, too.

With the kids parents consent, I see nothing wrong with this at all.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

That's AWESOME! These kids aren't generally the problem, it's the small time drug dealer living in the suburbs to avoid detection with young kids running around who's got a small weapons cache and the kids find it.

I was three when I started shooting a .22, my dad used to bring it along when we went out cutting wood and we'd shoot at cans after we packed up. good times.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

I will have my kids someday learning to shoot a .22 from the moment they can hold one up on their own

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

With the childrens .22 rifles it is at a very young age one can train the future in proper firearm use and care. Looking at the political future that may be a requirement in the near future
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    I will have my kids someday learning to shoot a .22 from the moment they can hold one up on their own
    My daughter started learning about guns and the safe handling of guns before she ever knew she was learning about them.
    I started her off with toy guns when she was old enough to hold one. But she was always taught the main safety rules for handling "any" gun.
    By the time she was 5 she shot her first gun (.22). From there she started wanting to shoot anything and everything I own.
    So at 7 she got her first gun, a Heritage Rough Rider. Now at 13 she has 7 of her own guns, and her newest one is a Ruger SR9.
    But she can shoot my biggest calibers with great skill and ease these days!

She's probably the safest person I go shooting with at the gun club, and probably one of the best shots as well. Not better than dad of course! lol

It's never too early to teach kids about guns and the safe fun ways to handle them. I tell people all the time that even if they don't plan on owning any guns of their own, they should still teach their kids about guns and expose them to guns through live fire. The kids with no education on guns are the ones who do stupid things. Be it as kids or as they get older.

I recently became an NRA instructor and I can tell you that the people I teach who already understand gun safety are the easiest to teach. The one's who are either scared of guns or think they already know everything, are the one's that take the longest to teach safe and fun gun handling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    My daughter started learning about guns and the safe handling of guns before she ever knew she was learning about them.
    I started her off with toy guns when she was old enough to hold one. But she was always taught the main safety rules for handling "any" gun.
    By the time she was 5 she shot her first gun (.22). From there she started wanting to shoot anything and everything I own.
    So at 7 she got her first gun, a Heritage Rough Rider. Now at 13 she has 7 of her own guns, and her newest one is a Ruger SR9.
    But she can shoot my biggest calibers with great skill and ease these days!

She's probably the safest person I go shooting with at the gun club, and probably one of the best shots as well. Not better than dad of course! lol

It's never too early to teach kids about guns and the safe fun ways to handle them. I tell people all the time that even if they don't plan on owning any guns of their own, they should still teach their kids about guns and expose them to guns through live fire. The kids with no education on guns are the ones who do stupid things. Be it as kids or as they get older.

I recently became an NRA instructor and I can tell you that the people I teach who already understand gun safety are the easiest to teach. The one's who are either scared of guns or think they already know everything, are the one's that take the longest to teach safe and fun gun handling.

Congrats on becoming an NRA instructor. I think. Sur is also an instructor. So you guys will probably hit it off well
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Thanks!
    Oh ya?!?!? Cool! I'm still waiting on my Range Safety Officer certs to get here too. It's been almost 2 months for those, so I should be seeing them soon.

I think its great. I started teaching my daughter gun safety at 4 and she started shooting bb guns shortly after. she actually likes the BB rifle better than the pistol because of the trigger pull. She hasnt shot the .22 yet as she cant hold the rifle by herself yet and being where we currently live the only place to shoot is at a range and she isnt old enough (we do the BB gun in the back yard though). I was at the local gun store and saw this and I am thinking of getting it. A little 31" .22LR single shot bolt action.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-06-01_17-20-01_735.jpg  
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast