GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Putting the truck back on the road.

Ok, I'm putting my 95 C1500 back on the road. I'm currently in the process of giving it a fresh paint job. After the paint is done sometime this week I'm going to be driving her to my house roughly 100 miles away. The a/c does NOT work. The pressure switch on the back of the compressor is cracked and the bearings in the compressor are shot. I'm going to get a new compressor and new switch this weekend hopefully. My main concern is the oil for the compressor, such as how much and what kind. While I'm at it I'm most likely going to be getting a new dryer and exspansion valve for the added insurance. If anyone has some good info or a step-by-step manual that would be great. I'm not new to a/c work, I just haven't worked on this system in a long time and haven't had anytime to do the proper research due to just finishing a turn-around at work. Thanks in advance for any help.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

Turn arounds suck don't they? I'm no genuii to a/c work but glad to hear your 95 is getting back on the road. Looking forward to seeing it on the road around here.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

The turn-around wasn't so bad, probably because I was sick and sent home for three days to recover. But overall it lasted about a week less than expected. I've had this truck since I was 16 and parked it in 09 due to getting another truck. I just traded that truck in about 3 months ago and decided to get this one back on the road because I need it.