GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default co-worker just bought a Chevy Uplander minivan

It's not a bad minivan, just seems pretty plain compared to the offerings put out by other manufacturers. Maybe the minivan era is over and we're just going to see people in crossovers from now on?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

That would be my guess. It seems over the last several years minivans in general have been half-hearted attempts at just making a new design but not really pursuing innovation. Many crossovers are beginning to have comparable seating and utility anyway; aside from the sliding doors obviously.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

I can still remeber when station wagons were the thing to have. I loved riding in the back.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVINTHESTORM View Post
    I can still remeber when station wagons were the thing to have. I loved riding in the back.
    oh yea, we had a 59 Chev Wagon and Dad traded in for a 67 put a blanket in the back and my Hot Wheels
    2012 4.8 LS

God is great, beer is good and people (WOMEN) are Crazy

last van my parents had was a 87 astro. i drove it for most of a year before they donated it, had over 215k on the clock, original 4.3, and original tranny, pulled the boat, utility trailer, various other odds and ends. still ran good when they donated it for a tax break.

the vans now are not built near as tough as they used to be.

id rather have a crew cab now anyhow.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Blog Entries

I'd love to have an astro van like this one:

2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

^^^^

that thing is BA looking. id LOVE to see the inside of it.

there is a outfit here in VB that does 4x4 express vans, kinda neat but they charge heck a premium for em. I saw a used one with 15 k on it listed for 45 large.

Alex

Blog Entries

This is the only couple I could find of his interior:

I totally agree. Innovations for mini vans have not been solidly pursued and I think it’s because of a certain mindset that it’s only used by housewives to buy groceries and stuff. Crossovers, however, provide more feature plus the stylish rugged look with a class.

I want to have an astro van after seeing its exterior. The interior is fine, need more customization or enhancement (for my taste).

Yup. The minivan seems to be plain in terms of design whereas crossovers now catch consumers’ attention not only because of design but also due to its innovations.

As for the Astro van, I saw one with enhanced interiors and it look great. Want to have one too.