GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2012 GMC Sierra HD Pre Loaded With EGR @ The Dealership

So we just paid a visit to our local GMC Dealership in town. The were happy to inform us that they just sold one of their brand 2500HD's pre-loaded with a complete EGR Package.
    They installed our Rugged Fender Flares (pn#751714) In Channel Window Visors (pn#571701) and Superguard Hood Shield (pn#301711)
    What do you guys and ladies think?

EGR USA
    4000 East Greystone Drive, Ontario, California 91761
    (800) 757-7075
    sales@egrusa.com

looks good. i like those fender flares....

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Looks good. I'm going to get some of those in-channel windoe visors.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

The In-channel visors are awesome. I will never get anything else. Fender flares are nice but Im curious what the black space is on the front fender flare towards the front. It doesnt look like a shadow from the sun using the mirror as a shadow reference. But I suppose it could be.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

Quote Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
    The In-channel visors are awesome. I will never get anything else. Fender flares are nice but Im curious what the black space is on the front fender flare towards the front. It doesnt look like a shadow from the sun using the mirror as a shadow reference. But I suppose it could be.
    Man Phantom, I didn't notice that til just now. Kinda looks like a gap. Doesn't look like the fender flare matches the contour of the body on the quarter panel.

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

The "void" you see is just a shadow.
    The fender flares conform to the shape of the vehicle and the "void" is in fact simply part of the plastic that was not exposed to the sale light as the rest of the image. Here is a front shot to see the shape a bit better.
    EGR USA
    (800) 757-7075
    sales@egrusa.com

Yeah I see that now. Sorry to doubt your product. I seems to conform perfectly. Guess shadows play tricks some time.

Convenience Package

Looks good but I will admit those window visors suck. I installed them on my 2011 2500HD right when i bought the truck last Jan 2011. They looked amazing but after a few months the driver window one loosened up and seemed to fall out of the groove just a little but drove me nuts. Now my window won't close completely tight anymore and several trips to the dealer nothing determined to be wrong. I hear wind whistle in now. I did remove them, the driver door one is on the side of the road somewhere in central connecticut. Yes it came off while driving, I opened my window and took it off and flung it. Really wish they worked better because they do make the truck look better. The rear window ones fit perfect, the passenger one up front was also loose. Also need to roll the bottom edge a bit so rain doesn't fall in the truck, if a beaded edge or rolled edge the water would travel down to the front of the visor and less water in the truck.

I'm just giving honest feedback, as I said I do like them for looks just not for functionality

2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 4WD/Z71 Crew Cab Gray Green Metallic 6.0 Gas 6spd Auto 3.73 gears, HD locking rear differential. 18"Alum Wheels (Stock) Stock Michelin LTX AT-II Tires, Banks Monster Exhaust, Westin Platinum SS Oval Step Bars, EGR Window Deflectors, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Front and back Weathertech Digitech liners. Factory Remote Start with Onstar App on iPhone.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE Black 4WD 4.2 175,000 Miles all original drivetrain and runs like a champ and no rust or rot!

Quote Originally Posted by Salesguy1980 View Post
    Looks good but I will admit those window visors suck. I installed them on my 2011 2500HD right when i bought the truck last Jan 2011. They looked amazing but after a few months the driver window one loosened up and seemed to fall out of the groove just a little but drove me nuts. Now my window won't close completely tight anymore and several trips to the dealer nothing determined to be wrong. I hear wind whistle in now. I did remove them, the driver door one is on the side of the road somewhere in central connecticut. Yes it came off while driving, I opened my window and took it off and flung it. Really wish they worked better because they do make the truck look better. The rear window ones fit perfect, the passenger one up front was also loose. Also need to roll the bottom edge a bit so rain doesn't fall in the truck, if a beaded edge or rolled edge the water would travel down to the front of the visor and less water in the truck.

I'm just giving honest feedback, as I said I do like them for looks just not for functionality
    That is the first time that I have heard of that issue with the in channel. I have multiple friends that have had them on their trucks for years and never had an issue. I like the way the pictured truck looks.(I think that my truck is the same color) I think that if they had their body shop color match the flares then it would look a little nicer. That is just my opinion. I can't wait until my EGR flares arrive. After I get them painted and installed (will do a how-to-guide when installing) I will post pics.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Salesguy1980 View Post

Sorry to hear one fell off. Email me your contact info to bena@egrusa.com and I will get out a replacement sent to you.

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LOVINTHESTORM View Post
    Yeah I see that now. Sorry to doubt your product. I seems to conform perfectly. Guess shadows play tricks some time.
    No need to apologize, when I first saw the image I too was asking the same question. I guess that's why you don't send an engineer to take images
    EGR USA
    (800) 757-7075
    sales@egrusa.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast