GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Air intake, to many options..

I'm looking into investing into an air intake system but for the life of me I can't decide which one. I leaning towards the K&N or Volant. What are you experiences with them, or any other brand that you have had? Thanks in advance!

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

They're all about the same; you get a little more power at WOT out of them and they change the sound of your ride, a bit. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a K&N filter sitting in the factory air box; it's every bit as good as a Volant, an Outlaw (what I have - and no longer made), etc. The Volants look pretty under the hood ... if that's important to you.

I have a Volant and love it. I can tell a difference after I put it on especialy on the interstate. Definitely more that any K&N filter that I have put on any rides in the past. Little more pricer than K&N but worth it. Check out newlevelmotorsports.com , hands down the cheapest site on the web. Got mine in about a week no problems.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne
    They're all about the same; you get a little more power at WOT out of them and they change the sound of your ride, a bit. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a K&N filter sitting in the factory air box; it's every bit as good as a Volant, an Outlaw (what I have - and no longer made), etc. The Volants look pretty under the hood ... if that's important to you.
    I was just looking at the Volant and I can see what you mean, look really sweet under the hood! Guess I'll look around at specs and what not.

2009 Chevy Silverado!

l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

Quote Originally Posted by LOVINTHESTORM
    I have a Volant and love it. I can tell a difference after I put it on especialy on the interstate. Definitely more that any K&N filter that I have put on any rides in the past. Little more pricer than K&N but worth it. Check out newlevelmotorsports.com , hands down the cheapest site on the web. Got mine in about a week no problems.
    I was looking at the site and began doing research on Volant. I was thinking about going with the core, that thing is huge and is supposed to last 100,000 miles. What did you get?

2009 Chevy Silverado!

---

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTechRaider View Post
    I was looking at the site and began doing research on Volant. I was thinking about going with the core, that thing is huge and is supposed to last 100,000 miles. What did you get?
    Had to go with the POWERCORE. It's supposed to be the best, and I didn't want to have to worry about oiling the filter. I also got the ram air scoop, but will be customizing the install so it doesn't hang down below the air dam.

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

Had to go with the POWERCORE. It's supposed to be the best, and I didn't want to have to worry about oiling the filter. I also got the ram air scoop, but will be customizing the install so it doesn't hang down below the air dam.
    Ok and also, before I go and buy anything is this the one that you purchased?

http://store.newlevelmotorsports.com/1545362.html

2009 Chevy Silverado!

---

Ok and also, before I go and buy anything is this the one that you purchased?

http://store.newlevelmotorsports.com/1545362.html
    Yes it is, except I got the one right beside it for 369.87. Same exact thing except I got the one with the ram air scoop. You get it cheaper when you buy it with it. Same people buy them later and mount the on because it is the same intake just with a cap on the bottom were it attaches I think.

Convenience Package

Yes it is, except I got the one right beside it for 369.87. Same exact thing except I got the one with the ram air scoop. You get it cheaper when you buy it with it. Same people buy them later and mount the on because it is the same intake just with a cap on the bottom were it attaches I think.
    Looks like this may be my next purchase then. Thanks!

2009 Chevy Silverado!

---

Looks like this may be my next purchase then. Thanks!
    Anytime.....

Convenience Package

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast