GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legend

Blog Entries

Nice article....a few of the things the writer mentioned brought back some great memories (and reminded me of some frustrations), with my former trucks. It's fun to reminisce about a certain things that happened in my life and the vehicle that was with me. Thanks for sharing!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

A good truck is like a good dawg. They just make life better. newer trucks have a lot on the way of creature comforts, but that isn't all bad. I have sort of brought my 'ol '95 into the present with some add on goodies like the bluetooth receiver, navigation and so on but I absolutely LOVE to push the clutch and stir the gears by hand. it is like having the best of both worlds.

Anyone ever see the movie "The Cowboy Way"? It's a flick about 2 rodeo cowboys from New Mexico trekking cross country to New York City in an 'ol Chevy ranch truck to rescue their friend and his daughter. It makes the Southwestern lifestyle look so appealing! If you haven't seen it, find it and watch!
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

I love this song, It reminds me so much of myself growing up. My first truck I bought for 200 buck and was an 85 chevy 2500 single cab, long bed...I miss that truck
    4.8L Vortec | 6inch Lift | 35'' BFG ALL TERRAINS | K&N Intake | AirRaid Throttle Body Space | 3inch straight pipe dumped at rear axle | BlackBear Tuned | 2 13in JL Audio Subs | 1000watt HD amp, 2.9 cap | Kenwood Dble Din | Gibson Hi Flo Cats | HIDs Hi/Los 55watt 8000k |4.56 gears |

thanks all. was bored one night and stumbled across this.

i thought it was a good read, and its a GREAT video.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Well, there's sumptin' about a girl in a red sundress...with it pulled over her head and spurs on her boots.....
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    thought id share this with everyone, its even a CHEVY!!!

http://dcautogeek.com/?p=2595

neat little article after it as well.

Alex
    Alex - Thanks for sharing my post with the group here. Glad ya'll liked what I had to say. More importantly I'm glad you enjoyed the gal in the 'red sundress.' She was four-shades of amazing southern beauty.

Glad the group got a kick out of the piece. I look forward to spending some time in other trucks later this month. If I didn't have a city job I'd have me a nice rig. Sadly my parking garage clearance is just over 6'4''!

Enjoy the mud fellas (And ladies if you're here too!) -

Juan 'DCAutoGeek' Barnett

not a problem, seemed relevant, and well written.

hey, stick around, just because you don't have a truck doesn't mean you cant hang out....

Alex

Master Mechanic

Well I nearly have about 1500 country songs within my iTunes library but have strayed away here and there. I came across this song and find it perfect to blast and cruise around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12