GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plastidip

I've have my rims front end and rear chrome pieces painted with plastidip for almost a year. It holds up great I got my first chip on a rim the other day. But that's fine cuz I think I'm gunna peel it off all 4 and re paint them. I don't really need to do this but It the only way to fix the lil chip. For the price you can't beat the stuff
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Wow that sounds like a way of preserving the wheels.
    I like the bumper mod.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Update:

I Plastidip'd two of my wheels, however, due to the style of wheel I have I decided it looked too much like a spare tire and peeled it off.

I ended up deciding to just plastidip the center "hub" portion with the lug nut covers. Looks pretty cool. Pictures in the next post.

*NOTE* if you are going to Plastidip make sure you keep it out of any sunlight at all until it is completely dry. This stuff drys fast, and it drys way too fast in the sun. If it is in the sun the product will not flatten out as it drys and you will end up with a fuzzy wheel.

Picture of my style of wheel just for reference. If I had spoke wheels it would have looked fine, but like I said, with this style all blacked out I thought it looked like a spare.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wheel.JPG  
    Last edited by UpsetProps; 06-19-2012 at 01:30 PM.

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

Here are some blurry pictures of my dirty truck with the wheel done how I described.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0392.jpg   FxCam_1340129233840.jpg   DSC_0394.jpg  

looks very nice. is the plastidip a rattle can? i like the bumper looks good.
    Randy AKA (Sparky)
    06 Z71 5.3L flex fuel
    6" fabTech lift
    LT315/70R17 BF All Terrain
    Pro Comp Series 1059 Wheels
    weather Tech rain shields
    Spectra air filter and air duct tube
    Cheap camo seat covers :lol:

Yes it is a rattle can. It is also available in liquid. The guys at the shop where I got it said they have sold some liquid to guys who spray their whole car after thinning it.

thanks , just might have to give it a try.

Plastidip is great!! Easy to use and remove, durable and looks great. I did my rims and after 8 months, there were no issues and I took it through the car wash several times. I have seen it used on everything from rims, hoods, bumpers, antennas, cupholders (new one from this thread) to an entire truck plastidipped.
    You can get it for like $6/can at Home depot and I think they have different colors black/white/red/blue and now clear coat and some other flavors. Pretty cool stuff! You can also use it on your tool handles for better grip...

Click the ^banner^ and save up to 15% on Chevy mods.
    We price match, simply call 888-591-8563 or
    Click-to-Chat and
    we'll beat ANY price by $1.

*View our 2011 Silverado Build Page here

As promised here is a better picture of the bumper now that it is clean.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails backblack.jpg  

Just got done doing my rear bumper with the plastidip. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0155.jpg 
Views:	443 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	41614Makes the truck looks different. But that what I want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12