GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Looking for an affordable online GM/Chevy Truck parts site

I've been working on my '03 Z71 Suburban, and would like to know if anyone has a site they can recommend for parts that might be more affordable. I am working on interior cosmetic stuff (i.e., the dash trim, cup holder insert, etc.) that needs to be replaced. Junk yards don't really work for me as most parts are just as worn as mine. Also looking for some black plain steel rims with chrome center caps...no luck so far finding 17" or 18" rims. Any ideas?

craigslist for the rims. as far the interior bits go, GM parts direct will be your best bet. just google that and it will pull right up.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Thanks for the suggestion...I found a few items I need at GM Parts Direct. Now if I can just find those 17" or 18" plain black Chevy rims I'll be great. I saw the black rims I want on a Suburban that was in service with the local Police Department. I'll keep on looking...going to find them sooner or later!

Jr. Apprentice

I've seen Tahoe police rims on eBay several times. Shipping may kill the deal but it's worth a look.

That's great...I will look for them. I do like the way those Police Tahoes look with the black rims and chrome center cap. It will just about finish out my Z71 black-out. Sure do appreciate the help on this, have a great day!

Bob

I have used Gmpartsdirect.com in the past. Their prices are good, but there customer service is terrible (non existent). You can not call them if you have any questions or issues. You have to email them. Then they may get around to answering you with in a week. Maybe! They don't seem to care what the condition of the product is when they get to you. The packaging is poor to say the least. I ordered new rear track arms for my 03 yukon xl. They shipped all 4 in a box with one thin piece of paper "separating" them all. Some of the ends were damaged. When I emailed them it took a week to respond. Then I was told that they were special order parts and they could not be returned or exchanged. If they were damaged during shipping I could make a claim with ups. (Good luck with that, the company I worked for had to make several claims and we were refunded a fraction of the part cost). So, I explained that their packaging was terrible. They responded that everything was fine when they left their facility. My brother ordered the DIC upgrade for his new truck. Again, they threw the pieces in a box. No paper this time. The switch scratched the heck out of the new panel. Gmpartsdirects response was, it was fine when we shipped it. Try www.gmpartsdirect.co or www.gmpartsclub.com instead. the prices are about the same and their service is much better.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Default Great tip on buying GM parts

I took your suggestion and checked out GM Parts Club. They are a Chevrolet dealership in Dallas, Texas (Friendly Chevrolet) but they sell parts at pretty good prices (they quoted me well below retail on the part I wanted) but since I found out they were a GM dealership, I called my local dealership to compare. They wouldn't budge off of full retail, so back to GM Parts Club I go...thanks so much for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by lawman1947 View Post
    I took your suggestion and checked out GM Parts Club. They are a Chevrolet dealership in Dallas, Texas (Friendly Chevrolet) but they sell parts at pretty good prices (they quoted me well below retail on the part I wanted) but since I found out they were a GM dealership, I called my local dealership to compare. They wouldn't budge off of full retail, so back to GM Parts Club I go...thanks so much for the recommendation.
    We have a long-term relationship with them on this site and they're vendors for sure. Glad to hear that you had a good experience with them!

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.