GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Angry 1996 Tahoe climate control

My 96's blower controls seem to to be working properly. Ever since I put the truck on defrost/defog about a month ago the blower control wont switch back to face. When it is on the face setting it blows out of the defoger vent. The feet vents are working fine tho no matter which setting. I really need this fixed because me and my family are using my Tahoe to move furniture up to our other house in VT and going down the highway with out working a/c and fan will be torture. All other setting work on the climate controls except the directional control which won't change to face.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

I have the same problem but it's stuck on the floor. Sounds like a door inside is stuck. I'm going out to work on it now.

I fixed it by turning on the a/c Idk y but the second I turned the a/c on the vents started working right.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Pulled the Tahoe out to see what I could find. Turned the air on and off a few times and it started to work again.