GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Parking brake shield--2 piece

Wanted to follow on the parking brake shield post ,got the parking brake shield replaced and used the two piece shield and it worked great.You don't have to pull the axle.Once you get the brakes off and the hub,work the parking brake shoe off.once you get it off you have plenty of room to get the bolts out with an 18mm wrench,i soaked them in P B blaster the nite before and came out easly`,i started out with an offset wrench till i seen i could get the shoe off,the one thing to be careful of is the clip that helps hold the shoe .It's at the bottom on drivers side and on top on the pass side.the little screw that holds it in on mine didn't take much to break it off and had to drill it and replace it.Other than that i was very happy the way it all went.Just take your time and it all goes together quite easy.The new shoes came in two piece which made getting the shoe on easy.Put it all back together and it works.Didn't have to work on the cable.Happy camper

Quote Originally Posted by pmd73 View Post
    Wanted to follow on the parking brake shield post ,got the parking brake shield replaced and used the two piece shield and it worked great.You don't have to pull the axle.Once you get the brakes off and the hub,work the parking brake shoe off.once you get it off you have plenty of room to get the bolts out with an 18mm wrench,i soaked them in P B blaster the nite before and came out easly`,i started out with an offset wrench till i seen i could get the shoe off,the one thing to be careful of is the clip that helps hold the shoe .It's at the bottom on drivers side and on top on the pass side.the little screw that holds it in on mine didn't take much to break it off and had to drill it and replace it.Other than that i was very happy the way it all went.Just take your time and it all goes together quite easy.The new shoes came in two piece which made getting the shoe on easy.Put it all back together and it works.Didn't have to work on the cable.Happy camper
    I am glad to see that someone had a good experience using the 2 piece. I need to do one of them on my yukon, but never knew anyone that had used them. Thanks for your post

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Sr. Engineer

Glad to hear that also. How did you get the old shield off and was it the parking brake shoe that now a two piece?
    2000 GMC YUKON SLT, 5.3L tow pkg, G80 rear/w 3.73 gear

My old shield basicly just came appart it was so rusted.And the shield comes in two piece and the new shoes are also two piece.