GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Looks nice.. Love that X.......
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Yeah, I would have been proud of that job myself. Looks nice and tight to the bottom of the truck. Mabye the botched tail pipes are a result of the price per bend policy. Some shops charge per bend, so he did that to save on a couple bends, and with the irregularities of undercab mounts, one pipe ended up coming out slightly different. They really don't look that bad in the video. There's no harm in askin for help though.
    Brian L.

Brian Larson CST. KC9DAK.
    Janesville WI.
    87 GMC G20 6.2 diesel.

u can tell the tips are off from one side to the other, id ask for a rebend or something. as far as the sound, i think its sounds great! has some tone to it, but not loud and should be good for hauling.

price wise you coulda done worse, i payed just over $500 for the duals on my 05, and that was just a cat back with a flowmaster. exhaust work is one of things you just kinda have to grin and bare it. it was $125 for a shop in VB just to chop out my factory muffler, weld a flowmaster in and a 1ft peice of pipe. coulda maybe done better price wise, but i think it could have been alot worse.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

To be honest, sound-wise, the truck sounds almost identical to what it did with the stock exhaust. My stock 350 just sounds THAT good. I think I'll try to get it re-bent, but perhaps not by that guy.

I also think I'm going to try to put a pair of cats on to regain my legality on the truck. I think I should be able to cut the pipe and use a couple of slip-on cats myself. Should I put the cats on pre or post x-pipe, or does it really matter so long as they're both on one side or the other? It looks like I can get the cats for around $70 each off Summit.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

It looks good underneath.

What is the benifit of the X pipe ?

Just bumping it up a little....

I was thinking of having this done too. Was driving home the other night, and another Suburban drove psat me with the dual exhaist mod. Sounded great, and thought I'd love to have that done. Problem is finding somewhere here in Riyadh where I can have it done! Was going for sound and rumble rather than real functionality.....
    1996 K2500 Suburban / 7.4L V8 / 4x4
    3" Body Lift / 17" Rims with 285/70/17 tyres
    Kenwood Amp / 8x10 Rear Speakers / Sub Woofer
    Chrome Side Step Bars / Magnaflow Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by vncj96 View Post
    I would say you got a steal of a deal especially with an x and that much extra pipe between the donut to the mufflers. just simply tell him you arent happy and that you were recommended by very good word of mouth, and that you wont recommend him to others in the future. If he values even your dollars spent and future dollars to be spent at his shop he will correct it.
    The price doesn't sound bad, for the amount of materials and labor...

BUT... no cats will be a sure fire Inspection Fail of they are required in your state.

And it sounds like a pretty shoddy job if the ends were not cleaned up or even cut to the same length.

That would be unacceptable in my book.

I made a local shop grind and re-weld my Magnaflow when they installed it on my Burb.

Frankly the welds looked like CRAP... And they wanted to sell me a poilished SS 19' welded tip for another $100.

Glad I passed... I can booger weld like they did...

JMHO

-cmc-
    Some stuff with wheels and motors...

The more time that goes by, the more I don't like the job the guy did. The mufflers drone like crazy at light throttle at highway speeds. I still need to completely rebuild the exhaust from front to back to make it acceptable.

Thankfully, while my state requires me to have a cat, the local inspection stations don't do a proper and thorough inspection, so it hasn't been an issue, but I do very much want to put a pair of cats back on the truck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12