GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default Some info on Cleaning your Head light Lens...

Just got this from Sylvania Thought you might want to read it.. Good info...

I will get a little scientific first. And then as advertising, I will sell you on the Sylvania product. Every assembly comes with a hard coat that includes UV protection, similar to sunscreen. Over time, the UV protection wears out due to the sun’s rays, wear and tear due to driving and so on. The biggest culprit is the UV from the sun, both UVa and UVb. When that yellowing and hazing starts, it means the UV protection has broken down and it needs more protection.
    On to fixing it. There are many kits on the road that will make it clear again. You can choose something as simple as sand paper or rubbing compound to full on kits that include those as components. Basically what the kits are doing is removing the top layer of plastic that has yellowed but you are also removing any remaining hard coat that includes the UV protection. So as advertising, any kit will get the plastic looking clear again. But without UV protection, it will yellow and haze again, maybe even as soon as 6 months. The reason that SYLVANIA created the SYLVANIA Headlight Restoration Kit is that no other kit on the market had UV protection. It may be a surprise but Sylvania also has a division that manufactures the plastic assembly used on many vehicles as the Original Equipment choice so we are not only a light bulb company. We understand what it takes to make both the light bulb and also the assembly. Our kit is the only kit that includes a UV Block Clear Coat that will protect the assemblies after completion. We have placed a lifetime warranty on the kit because we trust the process and product so much. There is also a video you can watch showing the different steps needed in completing the job right.
    My final piece of advertising is that you can find the kit at most major auto retailers like AutoZone, Pep Boys… or online at Amazon. If you go to Amazon, check out the reviews.

I hope this helps a little. I am not trying to knock companies like 3M, Meguiar’s, Turtle Wax, they make great products, just trying to say why I think I ours is the best kit on the market.
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Good to know Enkei. I'm sold if I ever have a need the a restoration kit.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Wouldn't putting a coat of wax on the headlight's after the haze was removed do the same thing?

Looks like a decent product. I just have some slight imperfections in 1 light where it looks like crap. Might have to give it a try.