GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default havent been on in a while! Need Helo!

Hey guys i havent been on in a while, and i wanted opinions on what to doto my truck. Im going to lift it pretty soon (6" suspension with my leveling kit that i already have) and i need help decided to keep my chrome mirrors and door handles or completely black out my truck? and if you guys can give me any ideas of what rims would look nice with the lift ? thanks - Abe
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8911.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	40481Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8910.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	40482Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8909.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	40480

Welcome to the club, I personally like the chrome contrast on the black but everyone is different. I think you should make it or keep it the way you like it, that's what is important. Anyway, good to have you and nice looking truck thanks for the pictures.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Welcome to the club!

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club!

Blog Entries

Am I the only one who thinks your truck looks great as it is? I personally would only switch to a smaller wheel and more aggressive tire. Everything else would suffice!
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

thanks everybody! But yeah im pretty dead set on lifting it, and im really on the fence about the doing a chrome and black look or just completely murder the truck with black wheels or chrome? Idk i kind of wanna go with one of the looks of these three pictures, opinions ? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	normal_truck2.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	40517Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mirrorpics8210900004.jpeg 
Views:	318 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	40518Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2009_Chevy_1500_Silverado_Black.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	40519

are those covers for your front lights ?

yes those are covers for your front lights. murdered out been played go chrome imo but remember its you at the end of the day who got to like it.

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club!!!

I agree that it's preference. You will get as many different opinions as there are members here, so to try and find a consensus is rather difficult. I'd continue down the path you are going with looking at others' pics, finding a truck that you most like, and then working toward that vision.

Good luck!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

WELCOME to the club and enjoy the site.........