GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default considering new 2012 Tahoe, pros/cons?

Just curious how you all like your Tahoes. I am considering buying one. I currently have a 2005 Z71 Avalanche that just isnt big enough for the family. Curious what common problems or issues are. Looking at a 2012 4x4. My dad is retired from GM, so the friends and family price with current incentives is going to save me almost $12,00 so it is hard to refuse the deal compared to buying used.

Only thing I would suggest is get a Suburban. The Tahoe is very nice and can haul plenty of people or plenty of stuff but not both. My 07 Trailblazer had more storage room then my wife's 08 Tahoe with the third row in.

2007 Silverado VortecMAX R.I.P 24JUN2011
    2005 Honda VTX 1300R
    2008 Tahoe LTZ
    2009 Dodge Challenger R/T

Wow what a discount, I would take advantage of that as well! Anyways, if I were you wait until next year because I'm pretty sure the new body styles are around corner. Otherwise the tahoes are great but it's worth the money to buy the LTZ model. The extra features and emanates are great and I love them plus the resale value is excellent if you ask me. Not really any cons, the tahoes are excellent SUV's and I would tell anyone to buy one!

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

I love the look of the tahoe but i just couldn't get over the lack of room in the back for storage when using 3rd row and went with a burban. Also gas mileage seems pretty close

I ended up pulling the trigger on a 2012 4WD LT. I love this thing. The storage space is kinda limited when using the 3rd row, but it fits our family perfect. MSRP was 53800 and we got it for 42400. I couldn't pass that up. Here is a pic with the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by RFoster130
    I ended up pulling the trigger on a 2012 4WD LT. I love this thing. The storage space is kinda limited when using the 3rd row, but it fits our family perfect. MSRP was 53800 and we got it for 42400. I couldn't pass that up. Here is a pic with the boat.
    We have the same boat! I love the Tahoe and the boat. Great purchases! Now you need to get a set of GM CK375 wheels on it. Look them up!

Quote Originally Posted by RFoster130 View Post

Very nice. You won't regret it. And I think you made the right choice going with the Tahoe over the Suburban. You could always take the third row out if need be. Congrats and enjoy.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTechRaider View Post
    We have the same boat! I love the Tahoe and the boat. Great purchases! Now you need to get a set of GM CK375 wheels on it. Look them up!
    Im not a big fan of the 375's or any 22" wheel really. I'll probably keep the stock wheels for now. I've had the boat 5 years, I love it. Lots of fun. You should come over to seadooforum.com. That's my main forum home.

Quote Originally Posted by RFoster130

Im not a big fan of the 375's or any 22" wheel really. I'll probably keep the stock wheels for now. I've had the boat 5 years, I love it. Lots of fun. You should come over to seadooforum.com. That's my main forum home.
    Understandable, and I'll take a look at that forum. I have two bombardiers to that I love to have fun with. I'll keep a look out for you over there!