GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Tire/Rim Help for New Lift

Alight guys need some help. I am currently running DC mud country 33s with stock 17" rims on my '05 1500 Z71 w/ front end leveled (via torsion bars/no trimming required & minor occasional rubbing during full sharp turns). I have decided to upgrade w/ a 4" Rancho lift along w/ some new trail grapplers and 18" rockstar wheels (18x9 w/ 0 offset).

Question #1-What is the biggest tire I could run w/ this setup ? (I know 35s easily but wasn't for sure on 37s or not).

Question #2- W/ the rim size & offset, would this setup cause my tires to stick outside the fender flares? Not going for the wide, knobby look and wanting to stay near flush to the flares.

Thanks for all the post/advice! Take care & God bless.

Legend

Blog Entries

Sorry for the delay, I just caught this post.

With stock offset (not sure what that is though), my 35's barely fit. I don't think, nor have I heard of anyone fitting 37s with solely a Rancho 4" lift.

For your second question, you would also have to take into consideration your tire width before you know exactly how far they will stick out.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

35's will be a tight fit im running 35's on my 8"lift and im clearing them now. 37's you will need atleast a 6"lift with a 3" body. if your looking for the stock look you will want to go with 33 for no trimming and a 35 will be tight also you will want a +10 offset which will put the rim inside more i had a 0 offset and it stuck the rim out about 1" on 32x11

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

So to hop on the bandwaggon with the rims and tires question concerning the Rancho 4" lift, I am looking at the ATX Artillery in an 18x9. They have 4.53 inch backspacing with a -12 offset. I was thinking of running a Nitto Trail Grappler 35x12.50 but I am thinking that will be too much. Just to size down a tad and go a little narrower I am now considering that tire in a 295/70/R18. That comes out to a 34.57x11.73. My question is will this set up fit? And will I need to do a lot of trimming to clear? Or am I better off sticking to my stock 18" rims? Anything you guys can add would be awesome. Thanks.
    There is no problem that can't be solved with the liberal application of C-4!

Luke, Florida
    1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (SOLD)
    2006 Pontiac GTO LS2, K&N CAI, SLP Loudmouth Cat-back Exhaust
    2009 GMC Sierra All-Terrain CCSB, Rancho 4" Lift w/ RS9000XL shocks, K&N CAI, Airaid TBS, Flowmaster 40 series, DiabloSport Trinity, ATX Artillary 18x9, Nitto Trail Grappler 295/70/18, Yakima Bike Rack, Line-X, Access Vanish Tonneau Cover, 15% Tint all around, Wet Okole Seat Covers.

you will rub with that setip since the rim is pushed out but trimming might only be minor im not a 100% sure on that since im running a 8" lift with 35's but you should be able to clear 33x12.50 with that rim setup. here is a link to another forum im on they might have the answere in this thread for you. http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190750

Quote Originally Posted by Burden33 View Post
    you will rub with that setip since the rim is pushed out but trimming might only be minor im not a 100% sure on that since im running a 8" lift with 35's but you should be able to clear 33x12.50 with that rim setup. here is a link to another forum im on they might have the answere in this thread for you. http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190750
    Thanks a lot Burden.

No problem