GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Dumb Ground Hog

Default Dumb Ground Hog

I am sitting in my kitchen and hear a squeal. So, I look out the back window and see that a dumb A$$ ground hog had jumped the fence and ran into the middle of the back yard. Well, my two pitbulls were laying about 15 feet from where it entered the yard and it started chasing my 60lb pit around the yard. The 80lb put jumped on it and tossed it. I ran out, grabbed a shovel and called the dogs off. That damn thing continued to try to chase the smaller dog around the yard. I opened the gate and it ran back to it's hole near the woods. I could see the slober marks from where my dog grabbed it. The larger dog has a small scrape on his lip. (no big deal, he is up to date on his shots) This was my first experience with a ground hog. I was surprised how aggressive the thing was. I figured that it was heading to our garden on the otherside of the yard for a mid morning snack. It almost became the snack.
    Last edited by Pikey; 06-13-2012 at 11:26 AM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

MMMMMM Ground hog stew
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"