GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Make no concessions, go big or go home!! Just kidding, surreal is has a good point there, unless you have no life (me) and you're ok with ripping apart your system once a month (me) to add something, plan your install (not me).

You'll enjoy the focals, do what enks said though and adjust them crossovers.

Surreal, the C5 components are a steal for the money!!

@SurrealOne. any chance we can see a pic of this stealth sub? I am curious of what it looks like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3856318764.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	42360

Name:	image-4209170221.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	42361

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith4816 View Post
    @SurrealOne. any chance we can see a pic of this stealth sub? I am curious of what it looks like
    Zigger's provided some pics, below. I had the entire interior ripped out for sound deadening when I did my install late last year ... and failed to photodocument. I'd have to rip out the center console to take pics of my actual install. However, to give you some idea:

Here's the unit: http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-ste...6-trucks-03-07

Here's the (very detailed, with pics) instruction guide that may show you what you want to see: http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/...pdf?1305783853

This installation places a sealed 10" sub (10W3v3) under the center console of a 2003-2006 (and 2007 classic) Silverado/Sierra which has front bucket seats and a full center console. To do it, one must remove the ducting to the rear vents in the center console, remove the vent door arm and seal the vent door that feeds the removed ducting, mill out some of the plastic structure of the center console, and drill two holes in the floor of the vehicle through which the sub will be bolted into place.

It's a time-consuming installation ... but the result is a sub that sounds good, is completely hidden, and you get to keep the space under the rear seats for use in other ways. (This was key to why I went this route, as I have a du-ha storage bin under my rear seat and the rear seat's scissor hinge has been drilled to allow me to lock it -- which results in invisible, lockable, under-seat long gun storage in a space that is classified as a trunk in 48 states despite being within the cab!)

Man, that hide-a-box is neat! Too bad there's no center console like that in the NBS. I suppose you could try and cram it into the box under the 20% Center 'seat' up front, but that's crammed full of towing stuff right now.

I'm still fiddling with the crossover settings on both the deck and the amp to find the best sound... and I'm still working on pictures, i promise
    2007 Silverado 1500 NNBS - Work truck and daily driver
    2002 Malibu - The wife's car, for now. I smell a Suburban in my future
    1976 Stingray - NOW OVER 100,000 MILES!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

We're waiting....... Jl Audio makes other Boxes for the GM Trucks. On my old 02 Avalanche I had both the Center consol and the Midgate box with a single JL 500/1 powering them. NOT at the same time I put in a switch to go between the 2 boxes depending to what I wanted for the movies or music playing at the time..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldtruckpicscreens.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	42948Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldtruckampindoor.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	3.5 KB 
ID:	42949Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldtruckpiccenterch.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	3.0 KB 
ID:	42950
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Name:	40th Ave 4-24-12 Visit 018.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	43137Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40th Ave 4-24-12 Visit 013.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	43138Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40th Ave 4-24-12 Visit 014.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	43139Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40th Ave 4-24-12 Visit 015.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	43140
    That too far too long, sorry guys.

JL Audio makes a sub that replaces the bottom of the center seat on a bench.
    http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-ste...07-up-40-20-40
    Since I am in the process of gathering parts to replace much of my sound system these are something I am leaning too.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE - 5.3 - 4X4 - Z71 - King Shock Level Kit - Body Color GMC grill emblem - 2 Tone Engine Cover, Rad Cover and Battery Box - Volant CAI - Tru Cool 40K tranny cooler - Sylvania ZXE bulbs Hi/Low -TriFold Hard Tonneau Cover- CoverCraft Seat Covers - Diablo inTune - GoRecon LED under rail lights - GoRecon LED White Lightning Tailgate Light Bar - Windows tinted to 45%- Kenwood DNX6990 - JL Audio C5-650 &650X- JL Audio Amp- Interco Truxus M/T 33x12.50x18

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12