GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: hi from VA

Sr. Apprentice

Thumbs up hi from VA

Hi guys, I am new to the forum, I just purchased a used Chevy 2008 Silverado 1500 "Work Truck" and I look forward to getting ya'll expert help.

Regards

Legend
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the GMTC family.. Hope that your enjoy the site. Post a picture of your truck when you can!!

2008 GMC ENVOY SLT
    GT RACERS Black Diamond Grille
    | PIAA Headlights| BEAMERS Pro HID Kit 6,000K Diamond White |
    3" LiftMeister Body Lift Kit
    |Skyjacker Suspension| MagnaFlow Exhaust w/tip |Hella Supertone Horns| Blacked out Body

"Silly Boys! Lifted Trucks are for Girls"
    "If you can't beat 'em, then your going to slow" :sign0081:

Sr. Apprentice

Thanks Erica, its refreshing to be here "especially an upgrade from a VW bug to a Truck" a lot more space...

Welcome to the club!

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Bug to Truck? Oh My Welcome
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club!

Welcome to the GMTC, it's good to have you aboard .

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club and congrats on your new ride!!!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Sr. Apprentice

Thank you all for the warm welcome.. i am really excited.. however i see a lot of work ahead of me for this truck..I would require all lot of help and advise from all of you...

Sr. Apprentice

Did I mention, that I bought this truck from a salvage place for $5000.00 and its a 2008 Work Truck, well I think I got a really awesome deal on this truck, mechanically this truck is in very sound condition, the first owner was an idiot, who tried to do insurance fraud and lit fire in the bed and the fire came in through the rear window and burnt the cabin area, however the wiring is still in place...but would need some work.. i found all the part required to replace in the cabin and the rear window and windshield from the salvage place for $800.00 ..So the overall cost of buying this truck with parts was $5800.00

Also i found someone who will paint the truck and install parts for $1200.00 which I think it a great price.. So i am really excited.. I think i might need some more accessories here and there but thats where I am now..

I am looking forward to getting this thing on the road.. it only has 58K miles on it and the engine is a beast!!!!

please let me know your advise and comments

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by