GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: hi from VA

Welcome to the club bud!

Sounds like a fairly good deal to me! Is it a single cab? I like that you saved it from destruction for sure... and it gives you a fresh canvas to get what you want as far as paint goes!

I'm working on restoring my 01 GMC i just saved from an abusive home myself so interested in seeing some pics and progress on it. There's lots of experience and knowledge on this site in various areas you'll be needing. Just post questions/concerns in their appropriate thread are and I'm sure there will be lots of advice sent your way!

Again, Glad to have ya on the forum! Post some pics of it!

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

to the site. Bug to truck...wow..Big difference. Hope you can get the Silverado on the road again quickly and start enjoying it.

2011 Camaro SS/RS
    1997 Silverado X-cab 4x4

Sr. Apprentice

Thanks I am all up for it.. i am like an sponge right now soaking up everything piece of knowledge and information..

Sr. Apprentice

Nancy thank you for your reply, I just got of the phone from the Paint shop guys, The truck should be ready by next weekend..with all parts installed Oh i am freaking out already!!!! lol... I never owned a truck before.. everyone made fun of me since i drove a bug.. but only i knew the truth as a student that i could not afford an expensive ride.. the bug solved its purpose and now onto a bigger truck..

Sr. Apprentice

Yes i am glad I was able to get this truck, to answer your question yes. It is a single cab.. I think it is a Work Truck with a smaller engine V6 4.3L but still is a beast!

Welcome to the club! You will get all the help you need here from some of the best folk around. Congratulations on being guided by the shining light of true truckdom to find this site!

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post
    Welcome to the club! You will get all the help you need here from some of the best folk around. Congratulations on being guided by the shining light of true truckdom to find this site!
    hahahaha thanks... appreciate..

Welcome! Im from Roanoke. Where is Lyn'Burg? Is that short for Lynchburg or is that actually the name?

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by catmechanic07 View Post
    Welcome! Im from Roanoke. Where is Lyn'Burg? Is that short for Lynchburg or is that actually the name?
    Sorry bout the confusion, Yes I am from Lynchburg, Roanoke ..your in the neighborhood.. we should meet up sometime..

You'd have to catch me on a off day. I work 6 days a week, then play catch up on my day off! I actually know L'burg better than I do Roanoke. I used to deliver siding up that area for a company. Good to know someone on here is close by! Not many!!!!!