GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Fan clutch whine !

I am looking for some info about fan clutch noise. I have an '03 1500 HD with a 6.0. Fan started to put out large amount of noise- replaced it with new clutch (not re conditioned) still a lot of noise, especially at normal operating temp. Any feed back can help!

I had the same problem on my 97 when I replaced the clutch. I think it was because I put a Heavy Duty clutch on that little 262 lol. Do need to replace the fan clutch on my truck soon.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Quote Originally Posted by trinut3 View Post
    I am looking for some info about fan clutch noise. I have an '03 1500 HD with a 6.0. Fan started to put out large amount of noise- replaced it with new clutch (not re conditioned) still a lot of noise, especially at normal operating temp. Any feed back can help!
    the clutch is heavy duty and the fan blade is not heavy enough to freewheel the fan. install a light duty fan clutch