GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Truck Tones

Default Truck Tones

Ok folks I just had a brainstorm thanks to another post about exhaust modifications.
    Post a short video of your truck running so we can hear all your trucks exhaust tones.
    Also please describe the exhaust system to help others find the sound they are looking for.

My truck is still stock and sounds ok but I would like a deeper stronger tone as my Monte Carlo and 442 had. No budget at this time but the future holds optimism.

In addition maybe someone can help those, like me, that don't know how to post videos . Instructions, links to areas needed, etc.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

There's something ironic about a guy who doesn't know how to post videos ... suggesting people post videos.

Just sayin'...

Yes that is so. I have ideas but not always the skills or information to complete the task. I thought it was a smooth way of others , like me, to learn how to do it and of course they will be paying attention as everyone loves the tunes of a good exhaust system. Personally I love th sound of a top fuel hemi engine with short pipes.
    But as always there is an individual who sees through my devious ways and means committee.

i will just leave this here

first truck is mine, seconed is my buddys. All relevant info is in the description.

i could do a video with just mine if someone wants.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend

Blog Entries

Catback custom system with a single Flowmaster 40 series 3" inlet and dual 2.5" outlet with dual rear tails and stainless slashcut tips. This system is an all welded at ever joint and welded hangers.

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    i will just leave this here

first truck is mine, seconed is my buddys. All relevant info is in the description.

i could do a video with just mine if someone wants.

Alex

I like both. What is your buddies truck running. Yours is listed. Thanks for posting

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Red Z71 Max View Post
    Catback custom system with a single Flowmaster 40 series 3" inlet and dual 2.5" outlet with dual rear tails and stainless slashcut tips. This system is an all welded at ever joint and welded hangers.

Nice Red I like that sound and on a new truck. You just had the exhaust installed did you not?

He has a 99 flareside Chevy Silverado Z71 half ton with the 5.3, spectre cold air, custom dealer tune, true duals 2.5 inch pipes with glass packs dumped in front of the right rear tire.

it is there, u just have to drop the description tab down.

anywho.

i should add mine is a full weld job as well, no clamps.

***did not realize the imbeeded video dosnt show the video description, sorry.***

Alex
    Last edited by Sierraowner5.3; 03-20-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    He has a 99 flareside Chevy Silverado Z71 half ton with the 5.3, spectre cold air, custom dealer tune, true duals 2.5 inch pipes with glass packs dumped in front of the right rear tire.

it is there, u just have to drop the description tab down.

anywho.

i should add mine is a full weld job as well, no clamps.

***did not realize the imbeeded video dosnt show the video description, sorry.***

Alex

No worries. I just appreciate you posting so others can get a feel for your mods and what they would like to do. Thanks again.

2004 Silverado, 4.8single in-dual out Flowmaster Delta 50 with dual rear exit tips and a K&N air filter.
    Last edited by Cheez; 03-20-2012 at 11:57 PM.

2010 OEM 20" Wheels
    Color-matched mirror covers and emblem
    20% tinted windows - 6" eyebrow
    Black rear fender-wells
    Completely debadged and demolded
    Duramax airbox replacement w/ K&N filter
    2" Rear drop shackle
    Tailgate light bar
    Flowmaster Delta 50 w/ double tip exits
    Blue footwell lighting
    12" Pioneer Sub (custom downfire box) 850W amp
    Full LED interior

Quote Originally Posted by Cheez View Post
    2004 Silverado, 4.8single in-dual out Flowmaster Delta 50 with dual rear exit tips and a K&N air filter.
    Sounds good for a 4.8. Appreciate you taking the time to post

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by