GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Hybrid View

Default Major Road Construction

Dont know if the rest of the countries highways are under construction but in the DFW area theres 15 major highway construction projects going on right now, most of my job is on-site at hospitals so I'm spending a lot of time stuck in traffic between accounts.
    Theres 4 interstates through the DFW area and countless state highways and everyone of them is getting a new interchange at the same time.
    Unfortunately my office is located less than a quarter mile from the two largest projects and unless I want to drive 25 miles out of the way I have no choice but to drive right through the middle of it during my daily commute. I did manage to change my work schedule so I'm not traveling during rush hour but I'm still stuck in traffic at 8:00 in the evening, just not as much.
    Are other parts of the country undergoing this much construction right now?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Try driving through NYC.... Always Being worked on... The Cross Bronx Expressway has been voted the worse in the US many times.. Now you know why I got new shocks...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I remember riding in a taxi there once and thinking I'm glad this isnt my car.
    Yea our roads are so bad right now I dont even ride my bike to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Try driving through NYC.... Always Being worked on... The Cross Bronx Expressway has been voted the worse in the US many times.. Now you know why I got new shocks...
    ever try 264? you almost need an suv. i have been from coast to coast in this country and 264 is a road that i feel is flat out dangerous to drive on.
    94 sub 6inch lift 34inch bfg mt. massive rework project soon. the audio system hit 150.3db so now its time to rebuild and try for 155db. mudpuppy is also getting a new engine, rebuilt ifs, dual 500amp 15.1vdc alts, 5 5,000amp batts, ant the combined wattage with the new system should be close to 15,000watts. this is going to be a wild ride boy and girls.

Utah got it's share of cash from feds and they are trying to spend it before Obutthead leaves office. If only the quality was worth the cost and inconveniece

Try I-15 in Utah County what a cluster.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

In Pa there are 2 seasons. Construction and Winter

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    In Pa there are 2 seasons. Construction and Winter
    minnesota has a ya beat, we have almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction!

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Dont know if the rest of the countries highways are under construction but in the DFW area theres 15 major highway construction projects going on right now, most of my job is on-site at hospitals so I'm spending a lot of time stuck in traffic between accounts.
    Theres 4 interstates through the DFW area and countless state highways and everyone of them is getting a new interchange at the same time.
    Unfortunately my office is located less than a quarter mile from the two largest projects and unless I want to drive 25 miles out of the way I have no choice but to drive right through the middle of it during my daily commute. I did manage to change my work schedule so I'm not traveling during rush hour but I'm still stuck in traffic at 8:00 in the evening, just not as much.
    Are other parts of the country undergoing this much construction right now?
    They got federal highways dollars for big "shovel-ready" type projects that started coming on January 1st, I think. So now that we're into the heavy sunlight days, they're building and repairing like crazy.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Three more highways started construction here and 7 state roads. Also 3 links to transit trains, whih also dig up roads and cause massive delays.
    I love the ten guys leaning on a shovel or rake and two that are being held up by a stop sign as three walk around in Slacks and shirt and tie with a clean hard hat on.

Most of the construction started before Jan 1 up around Grapevine (114) and I-35/820, this is all Texas Tollway commission money.
    Starting next year you wont be able to drive around 121, 183, or 114 in the Fort Worth and HEB area without paying tolls.
    Yep our fine friends at the Texas tollway commision have found a new place to raid our pockets, time for a new Governor and senators if their gonna allow this to happen to the citizens.
    THey wouldnt dare put a tollway in south Dallas, John Wylie Price would be all over them.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by