GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 284 of 399 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3981

you got me. good luck with all that guys. Conlan up next
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Yup I am. Surreal hows you OBA project going how far along are you now? I say Surreal is up next.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

sorry but needed to vent again. I just checked the weather. the high all weekend will be 25F. So, i guess im not washing my truck. I need to do it by hand because it will cost me $20 at the do-it-yourself car-wash and never comes clean enough. Can I run it through a automatic car-wash? I have always been scared to try... Conlan again. I bet surreal is on the phone
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

I would not take it thru and automatic unless it is touchless.. I take mine to the quarter wash along with a bucket and a wash mit. I spray it down and then fill the bucket with the soap from the foaming brush. Then I let the washer shut down. I hand wash it with the mitt and the soap in the bucket. Then I spray it off. It usually cost me around $4 to do my yukon xl. Curky is next

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

You can run it through an automatic one, but ask what equipment it has and check you owners manual about things that can harm the truck. I can see Surreal is on this thread but he must have it open and also doing other stuff. I say Curky next.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    You can run it through an automatic one, but ask what equipment it has and check you owners manual about things that can harm the truck. I can see Surreal is on this thread but he must have it open and also doing other stuff. I say Curky next.
    Conlan is Next! I would not take it thru Curky. Not unless you want fine scratches all over it. It is just not worth it. I would drive with a dirty truck before I took it into one of those brillo pad type "soft cloths"

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

You got it. I think I know what I am going to do. If i find a big thing of mud I will play in it for a while. I would rather see the mud other than all this dirty salt. lol Conlan again
    or maybe i will just freeze and do it. I have to do the oil anyway
    Tim Walters (Curky)

I can agree with that logic Pikey. This my explain why the paint on my truck is so messed up. The last owner owned a used car dealership and a car wash that was next door. I bet he used it almost once a week on the truck. Hmmm hard to say whose next... Lets go with Surreal.

I agree -- use a touchless if you're going through an automatic wash, Curky.

CR - OBA project is slow but steady. The Bussmann relay box was built with it in mind and is installed. The tanks are installed in the air tank carrier, the rear QD mount is already in place, and the frame rail has been drilled for mounting the rear air manifold. However, I'm waiting on the bracket designs for the compressor, front air manifold, and coalescing filter. I also need to have 3 flexible air hoses made to specific lengths and am looking for a place that can do it for the sizes and fitting types I need.

All the hard work is actualy done, I just need to bolt things into place and connect things up once the brackets and hoses are finished.

C'mon back, Curkster.

you got it. wow this place is packed in the past hour. maybe pikey will stop back
    Tim Walters (Curky)