GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 286 of 399 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 3982

You got me, instead, again. Time to drive to the family lake house ... drop off a load of stuff for storage en route, and then hunker down, tonight, for the snow they're saying we'll get. So much for helping Nak, tomorrow. :(

CR next...

Hello guys. how ur day been. Just got done with work. 11 hours today(no school) Surreal again.
    @Conlan Rose how did he drag u in here?
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon

He mentioned me and I was like why not I'm always reading these convos anyway. I think surreal is still driving to the lake house. I say BTG is next if not then surreal later tonight.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

You only get one guess, CR. BTG wasn't next, so sadly, no star for you.

I was actually already at the lake house when you posted ... and was in the shop working on the OBA system, as I intend to do some plumbing for it, tomorrow morning. I needed to prep so I can do the work quickly, as the weatherguesser, erm, I mean weatherman is calling for a wintery mix of precipitation.

Let's see -- I think CR might stop in early tomorrow morning.

Yup you guessed correct. Yay. I say donyms in a bit.

Needed a break from this morning's work. The hard line from the rear air manifold has been run from about where the extended cab begins on the passenger side (which is about where the rear manifold is) all the way to the bulkhead connector at the driver's side rear bumper corner. It took an hour to straighten the anealed copper coil and feed it down the passenger side frame rail and then bend and cross the aft end of the truck. As soon as I can feel my hands, again, I'll go start the connections at the rear of the truck.

CR, again...

Yup you're right again. I hope this time you will take plenty of pic because I know I've been waiting to see this oba project and what it looks like. I say surreal next.

I'm here CR, just slept in a little this morning. I think Surreal will take another break soon.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Good call, Donyms!
    @Conlan Rose:
    I always take pics but sometimes they come out pretty poor since I'm using an Android phone to do it and lighting is often less than ideal. You've already seen pics of the Bussmann unit (which was built primarily for the OBA project since I need a relay to engage the compressor's clutch) and the overhead switch work (also done primarily for the OBA project, as I need a switch, somewhere, to be able to shut the system down). In both cases I figured I'd expand the work, a little, to make it serve more than one purpose.

As for pics of the work, this morning, here you go:

1/2" OD annealed copper hard line being fed into the passenger side frame rail:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	annealed_copper_hardline.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	49458

Path the hard line takes toward the back of the truck:

Name:	hardline_through_framerail.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	49463

Post-installation photo of the bukhead connector after running the hard line:

Name:	bulkhead_connector&hardline.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	49459

Post-intallaton photo of the rear quick disconnect:

Name:	QD&bulkhead_connector.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	49460

Post-installation photo of the compression fitting's seat:

Name:	QD&bulkhead_connector&compression_fitting.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	49461

Pre-installation photo of the compression fitting cap & ferrule over the seated hard line:

Name:	compression_fitting.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	49462

Post-installation photo of the completed rear quick disconnect on the truck:

Name:	rear_QD_complete.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	49464

I have a weird feeling that Curky might pop in over lunch...
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 02-16-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Added last pic of completed rear quick disconnect

I didn't see that you called the next poster so I will for you. I think Curky will check in shortly.