GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 292 of 399 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342392 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 3982

The roof is leaking? Where? Sure it's not the door seals?

CR next...

Very sure. It is coming from above the over head council at the very fron of the truck. The water may be coming from else where, but that is where is drips from. it also gets very wet all along the head liner at the very front of the truck. I
    had the windshield reseal so that's not it.

Surreal next.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

The mount point for the overhead console is one of the low points of the roof metal inside the cab -- deliberately so for the console mounts. Water could be coming from a bum door seal, a loose/missing roof rack screw, a bum roof rack seal, a rusted out windshield frame/seal, etc. The only sure way to find it is to pull down the headliner WHILE IT IS RAINING/WET, as it sounds like light rain hasn't caused this ... and see where it's coming from. (I doubt you could duplicate it with a hose if it only happens in heavy rain.)

Wet spots on the headliner should help you find it. You may be able to tell just by taking one side down, flexing it, and peeking. I'm hoping it's not your windshield frame...

CR, again...
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 02-19-2013 at 03:15 PM.

I'm going to go with the roof rack because they are notorious for leaking. The seals are horrible and I had to remove a side in sept so now it seems to leak even in light rain. I will try to mess around with it next time its wet. It really is annoying because it gets the carpet wet and then it smells and such. Also makes a great truck lose its appeal in any form of rain.

Surreal next

Wet, moldy carpet is gross.

CR again...

That's why I have a damp rid thing in my car so I can crank up the heater and evaporate the water and then it goes in the damprid bucket. Also the floor mats do an ok job of collecting the water and preventing it from soaking the carpet. Also I keep towels in the truck so I use those too. I hope to try to fix it before college....

Surreal next...

Yup, you got me. Just got home from some modding with aloxdaddy99. Curky in the morning...

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Yup, you got me. Just got home from some modding with aloxdaddy99. Curky in the morning...
    @SurrealOne is next! Pictures of the mods please

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Nope its me doing my normal checking of the site, emails and social media while getting ready for school. I say donyms is next.

I agree donyms will be next
    that is right he said he would not be in this morning so I will change my guess to CR
    Last edited by Curky; 02-20-2013 at 08:36 AM.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -