GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 378 of 399 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 3981

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    Yup, I'm around. Currently I'm taping the ends of my new cables to make them look nice.
    Taping? Yikes. I'd not tape them. 3/4" heat shrink tubing, instead -- that's the way to go. Marine grade (so that it seals) if you can afford the extra spend on it. Amazon sells it but it's spendy. I found that my local Fastenal seems to stock it in both black and red much, much cheaper than I can find marine grade 3/4" heat shrink anywhere else.

You have, no doubt, experienced the gooey mess that electrical tape eventually becomes over time, especially in the warmer months? You have, no doubt, seen the loose 'flags' (as I call them) of tape hanging off the ends of OEM-taped wires ... due to water, dirt, and debris eventually allowing the final wrap of the tape to lose adhesion to the next layer? Those are the things that you can expect to happen to taped connections as time passes. There's really no avoiding it when using electrical tape.

Now if you're using F4 tape, that's a different matter ... good stuff ... but it doesn't exactly look great. Liquid tape is another solution if you can allow for its cure time.

CR again...

Amazon will only let me buy the heat shrink as an add on item..... So its in my cart waiting for me to make a more major purchases over $25. I found a way to fix the flag ends and that to seal them with some clear scotch tape which sticks to everything.

The tape is mainly temporary until I can get the shrink wrap. Personally I keep my tape connections very tight and clean so they won't fall apart and I do 2-3 wraps around.

Here are the wraps.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130508_161824_040.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	51920Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130508_162315_608.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	51921

With clear tape.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130508_183733_811.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	51922

Surreal again.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

@Conlan Rose -- Here's marine grade stuff via Amazon that's NOT an add-on item (Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NI3LQ4). 3/4" is what's needed for 1/0 AWG. You can select from several sizes and options (more than when I last bought the stuff, as it was just 48" runs of black or red at that time). I've used it (it's what's in my truck) and recommend it ... but it's not cheap.

Sarge next...
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 05-09-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Yup I'm in briefly before bed. Rumor has it I'll finally be going back to third shift. If that's the case, I'm really looking forward to it. I don't care for second shift at all. The hours flat out suck. I'll probably go to another line but that would be well worth it to go to third shift. Granted, I'll be moving back home to Oklahoma in the next year, but I'd still rather be on third shift while I'm waiting for that opportunity.

I'm guessing Curky in the morning.
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

I too think Curky will be in soon.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

Yep Im here. Had to go see the doc. for my migraines. We came up with a plane that I know will work at least 2 months out of the 3 till i see him again. I am not complaining that is GREAT! I will be able to get a LOT more done know. I'm so Happy!!!!!! CR next?
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Quote Originally Posted by Curky View Post
    We came up with a plane that I know will work at least 2 months out of the 3 till i see him again.

Curky again...

*%#$ I did it again. I don't know why that one will not stick with me. I do it 1 out 2 times. Thanks surreal. Really. How are you doing buddy? surreal again. I miss that show.lol
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Long, annoying day. Sarge next...

Lol I'm too predictable during the week. I'm gonna mess with y'all like hell when I go back to third. Tonight I found out that it is true that I'll be going back to third. This makes me very happy. I just don't know when or to what line I'll be going to.

I'm off to bed though. Got a few things I gotta do before work tomorrow I'm just not looking forward to working till 2am. It'll be nice when I'm back on third to know when I'll be getting off work every night. Y'all have a good one. Curky in the morning.
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."