GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 323 of 399 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 3982

Good point lol. I may think about it if I can find some strong magnets.... To Google!! Even if inside i could just lay down a smaller tarp for the other tarp, but keeping in on the rack would save time while deploying in rain.

Random thing why the F*** to solid color ties cost much more than patterned ties....

Surreal next to drop some knowledge....

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

My best guess as to why solids cost more is that they are part of a classic look ... meaning they don't go in/out of style like patterened ties. (IMHO, pretty much every man should have a solid navy, burgundy, or gray tie in his wardrobe, as it can be worn with a white dress shirt ... and that look will practically never go out of style or be inappropriate. It's just pragmatic.)

CR again...

Yah.. well in my life the best solid tie to have is pink and I can't find my regular pink tie.... So now I need a new pink one by Friday (day of my senior cotillion).

Surreal next.

Pink? WTF for?

CR again...

It matches my girlfriends dress, she makes it easier on me by making sure the dresses she buys have pink in them to match the pink tie I bought when we started dating (2 1/2 years ago). But I in my sometimes poor memory and organization lost the pink tie I own which matches 90% of her dresses and the one she got for this dance.

Kinda makes sense right?
    Surreal next....

Solution -- buy a tie YOU want to wear ... and get her a new dress that matches it. (That means dress shopping with her, and likely means new hose and shoes, too ... but it's also an opportunity for you to dress her in what you want her to wear -under- it all. Heh.) Cheap? No. Romantic? Absolutely.

CR again...

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    Solution -- buy a tie YOU want to wear ... and get her a new dress that matches it. (That means dress shopping with her, and likely means new hose and shoes, too ... but it's also an opportunity for you to dress her in what you want her to wear -under- it all. Heh.) Cheap? No. Romantic? Absolutely.

CR again...
    Surreal even tho that would be a fantastic idea we both know I can't afford that lol. Also she has the dress and the dance is this Friday not much time to get those important accessories(which can take longer than getting a dress). She said if I find a black tie I'll be set.

- - - Updated - - -

Surreal next....

No one said women were cheap!

CR again...

I'm well aware. Makes it worse when you also own a mid 90's truck that loves to suck up money(which is worth it in the long term). Its insane how frugal and thrifty I am. I try to save money as much as I can while still needing to spend it. In my world every penny counts, all my change is recovered and then turned in at the bank for cash. I turn in cans and bottles every 3 months to make 20+. I do odd jobs all the time just to make some cash. Also coupons and amazon are king I've saved countless dollars because of them.

Surreal next

Master Mechanic

Sounds like your prepared for college

Surreal
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .