GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default 2010 5.3 Sierra headers?!

sorry guys wasn't sure which forum I should post this in, but hopefully I'm in the right one.

I have a 2010 Texas Edition Sierra with a 5.3 and was looking for some headers, I came across some I really liked but they were for the 2009.
    My question is aren't 2010s and 2009s the same truck same motors and everything? wouldn't I be able to fit those headers in my 10? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PS...n/?prefilter=0 <---- The headers I was looking at.

Legend

Blog Entries

Bump....

Per my PM, this was another post that was moderated. You should get some responses soon on this now.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

i see no reason they shouldnt fit. nothing changed between 10 and 11 as far as i know.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    i see no reason they shouldnt fit. nothing changed between 10 and 11 as far as i know.

Alex
    Thats what I figured but you never know...i'll just get them and hope to god they fit lol

2010 GMC Sierra Texas Edition
    K&N CAI
    Spintech Muffler
    8000k HID Kit (Lows)
    3000k HID Kit (Fogs)
    Custom LEDS
    Denali Punch Grille
    1000W JL Amp.
    Competition 12 JLs
    Alpine DVD/Navi Screen

Check out My CarDomain!: http://tinyurl.com/88tcb7v

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

They better fit my fraternity brother just ordered those for his 2010. I'm putting them on for him and I took a look at his truck real quick to see any differences from my 2009, and there wasnt.so I don't see why they won't. I'm also switching to these headers and removing cats
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

After you get them mounted let me know how you like them and any install issues. I may throw a set on my '11.

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    After you get them mounted let me know how you like them and any install issues. I may throw a set on my '11.
    Will do! Might have to take like a week driving around to see first though haha

Will the long tubes work with stock pipes ? I had to use shorties on my 05 6.0. Here are the ones I had to use http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BBK-4006

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmacnchez View Post
    Will the long tubes work with stock pipes ? I had to use shorties on my 05 6.0. Here are the ones I had to use http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BBK-4006
    I'm sure it most likely be a bit long but I'm sure the guys at my muffler shop will cut them to size for me

Quote Originally Posted by KevAlexander View Post
    I'm sure it most likely be a bit long but I'm sure the guys at my muffler shop will cut them to size for me

What muffler do you plan to run? My buddy is gunna run cats a super 40s. He has to pass emissions still even though I warned him the headers might screw that up. When I switch to kooks from dynatech I'm going to keep my 10 series and no cats.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by