GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New motorcycle

i have toyed with getting something similar. problem is i tend to wreck things with less then 4 wheels. I dont think id do well on a bike, so im not gonna tempt the powers that be with getting one.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by darkness-lies- View Post
    Thanks and i know. My boss at work has been riding for years ima guess at least 15 he has already shown me a lot of what to look out for.
    I highly recommend a Motorcycle Safety course.
    I've been riding motorcycles since 1975, took my first motorcycle safety course in the early 80's as a mandatory U.S. Navy requirement when I was young and knew it all, they taught me more.
    I've been to refresher courses a few times over the years with the latest being 3 weeks ago and I still learn something everytime I attend one.

Excellent idea tb
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Congrats on your new bike, be safe and have fun and go at a pace that is comfortable for you. I started riding dirt bikes as a kid and have been on them ever since!

Also, I know it is a 250 so not sure what kind of exhaust you can get but it is true....loud pipes save lives!!

Click the ^banner^ and save up to 15% on Chevy mods.
    We price match, simply call 888-591-8563 or
    Click-to-Chat and
    we'll beat ANY price by $1.

*View our 2011 Silverado Build Page here

They can get the attention all right, just watch out for those who react badly to it. Always assume they can't see ya, have an escape route, please consider wearing a helmet, +1 on the safety course, may god help you enjoy it and keep you safe always!
    Brian L.
    Nice lookin bike!

Brian Larson CST. KC9DAK.
    Janesville WI.
    87 GMC G20 6.2 diesel.

Blog Entries

It might be killing you, but what are payments + gas + insurance after the month? Is it way less than $300 still? I don't see why sometimes people do these things based off of how much they spend in gas, they usually never break even and end up being in the hole after all those costs.

Besides that, great lookin bike!

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, there is no need to embarrass him."

2012 Silverado 1500 Texas Edition 4x4 LT skid plate, 5000k 55W low beams with DRL fuse removed, 5000k 35W fog lamps.

Leveling kit and tires coming soon.

Leaving for boot camp at MCRDSD 20121008.

So im ready to sell this rebel and move up to a 750 shadow.

Chevy runs deep.
    2001 Silverado ext cab 4.8l v8 2wd
    COMPLETED MODS
    40 series flowmaster dual with bowtie tips
    Anzo tail light
    Fire and ice lighted mud flaps
    2 12inch kicker comps with boston acoustic amp
    TO-DO MODS

w2w nerf bars
    Headers
    Color-matching
    Headlights
    Mega third light
    Scanning light bar under tailgate
    Fix tint
    Upgrade deck
    Remote start
    High 4 headlight kit
    Rear side window covers<bowtie>

My velocity is directly proportional to your proximity.

Doesnt take long to get ready for a bigger bike but I believe the experience gained is worth the money spent.
    The 750 Shadow is a nice size bike thats just big enough to cruise around town during the week and if you dont load it down to much has enough power to take you and the significant other out of town for a long weekend ride.
    Winter is a great time to buy a bike but a terrible time to sell, lots of riders are getting off their bikes they bought this spring and many find out at this time they either didnt really enjoy it as much as they thought they would or they have no safe place to store the bike over the winter, so prices normally dip around this time on low mileage newer bikes.
    If you can buy in the next few months but hold off on selling yours until next spring you might be able to get better prices on both.

It's always a good idea to start on a low powered bike. I started racing at 12 years old and didn't even touch a 600 until I was 15 when I got my permit. I've told friends this for years as I watch them wreck there first 1000, know your limits and pay attention to everyone else on the road. I'm 220 pounds give or take these days and I still don't ride a 1000 but I can push my bike to its limits becuase I know mine, happy riding if you ever get in the north ga mountains or the smokeys send me a pm and will go for a run. Have fun. And stick with Hondas
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12