GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New motorcycle

Default New motorcycle

I love my truck but the gas kills me atleast 300 a month in gas so i just bought a 2006 honda rebel. its my first bike so i went small pluse around 80mpg.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VP2567244_1.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	40794

Chevy runs deep.
    2001 Silverado ext cab 4.8l v8 2wd
    COMPLETED MODS
    40 series flowmaster dual with bowtie tips
    Anzo tail light
    Fire and ice lighted mud flaps
    2 12inch kicker comps with boston acoustic amp
    TO-DO MODS

w2w nerf bars
    Headers
    Color-matching
    Headlights
    Mega third light
    Scanning light bar under tailgate
    Fix tint
    Upgrade deck
    Remote start
    High 4 headlight kit
    Rear side window covers<bowtie>

My velocity is directly proportional to your proximity.

This is THE best starter bike for everyone starting out. I started on one of these in an MSF class, graduated to a low powered Yamaha 600 sport bike (Seca II). Later on I moved up the food chain, but not until had mastered all the fundamental skills of riding.

People who buy big bikes to start on fail to learn proper braking technique and speed modulation going into turns. That is why you see so many knuckle draggers getting killed on Harleys.
    1994 Chevy K2500 Silverado, 454 (modified), original owner.
    And other vehicles and toys.

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
    And treat those two imposters just the same;
    ...you'll be a Man, my son!" Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    Is that a 250?
    yes it is a 250

Chevy runs deep.
    COMPLETED MODS
    Anzo tail light
    TO-DO MODS

w2w nerf bars
    Headers
    Color-matching
    Headlights
    Mega third light
    Fix tint
    Upgrade deck
    Remote start
    High 4 headlight kit

Quote Originally Posted by The Heater View Post
    This is THE best starter bike for everyone starting out. I started on one of these in an MSF class, graduated to a low powered Yamaha 600 sport bike (Seca II). Later on I moved up the food chain, but not until had mastered all the fundamental skills of riding.

People who buy big bikes to start on fail to learn proper braking technique and speed modulation going into turns. That is why you see so many knuckle draggers getting killed on Harleys.
    I am one of those knuckle draggers that started out on a big bike. It is dumb comments like yours that divide motorcycle enthusiasts. I have always thought that you should ride what you feel comfortable on and what your check book can handle. Because I am not a small guy a 250 would not carry me around fast enough to be able to keep highway speeds. I have owned both street bikes and harley's. I prefer harley's but that is my preference. To the OP enjoy enjoy your ride. And remember to keep it shiny side up!

I haven't ridden for 35 years but do miss My hogs as well as my BSA and Triumph.
    As with any vehicle , one must acclimate themselves to their choice of transportation and be sensible in it's operation. Like 4 wheel drives, they good in snow when you keep your wits about you. But I have seen many upside down along I-80 during severe weather and always find that they have poor tread condition, some even bald, but"hey I can go anywhere, I have 4wheel drive" folks just don't get it.
    I think your choice is good for starters and hope you learn quickly and be safe. After awhie you may get the bug to ride one of the more elite bikes but hey 80 mPG, you have me thinking thats what I need to do.
    Course I was in Costco with a female friend and got a little crazy and climbed on a mountain bike and tried to ride it up the aisle. Key word was tried. I am just glad it was not caught on camera and you tubed.
    Remember I havent ridden a bicycle since 1979. My friend got a great laugh , as did others and I headed for the restroom. Can you imagine if it had been motorized?
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

I haven't ridden for 35 years but do miss My hogs as well as my BSA and Triumph.
    As with any vehicle , one must acclimate themselves to their choice of transportation and be sensible in it's operation. Like 4 wheel drives, they good in snow when you keep your wits about you. But I have seen many upside down along I-80 during severe weather and always find that they have poor tread condition, some even bald, but"hey I can go anywhere, I have 4wheel drive" folks just don't get it.
    I think your choice is good for starters and hope you learn quickly and be safe. After awhie you may get the bug to ride one of the more elite bikes but hey 80 mPG, you have me thinking thats what I need to do.
    Course I was in Costco with a female friend and got a little crazy and climbed on a mountain bike and tried to ride it up the aisle. Key word was tried. I am just glad it was not caught on camera and you tubed.
    Remember I havent ridden a bicycle since 1979. My friend got a great laugh , as did others and I headed for the restroom. Can you imagine if it had been motorized?
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    great story!

Chevy runs deep.
    COMPLETED MODS
    Anzo tail light
    TO-DO MODS

w2w nerf bars
    Headers
    Color-matching
    Headlights
    Mega third light
    Fix tint
    Upgrade deck
    Remote start
    High 4 headlight kit

Just be a defensive driver and remember many can not see you in the rear view mirrors.

Best of luck riding your new toy.
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

Thanks and i know. My boss at work has been riding for years ima guess at least 15 he has already shown me a lot of what to look out for.

Chevy runs deep.
    COMPLETED MODS
    Anzo tail light
    TO-DO MODS

w2w nerf bars
    Headers
    Color-matching
    Headlights
    Mega third light
    Fix tint
    Upgrade deck
    Remote start
    High 4 headlight kit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast