Results 1 to 6 of 6
Thread: Head Lights Stay On
06-18-2012, 02:56 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
- Baytown, Texas
Head Lights Stay On
I have a 2002 - 2500 HD and the headlights and taillights come on when I start the truck even in the daylight. How can I fix this and get back to just the driving lights.
06-18-2012, 07:12 PM #2
Your daylight sensor (mid dash top) is either covered, or broken.Ray
'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
'05 Envoy XL (sold)
06-18-2012, 09:48 PM #3
There is a procedure in the owners manual that alows you to enable and disable the auto headlight feature for my Yukon. Perhaps there is also one for your truck.2000 GMC YUKON SLT, 5.3L tow pkg, G80 rear/w 3.73 gear
06-20-2012, 08:47 AM #4
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
- Baytown, Texas
By the way, It's not covered. Do you know how to change the sensor?
06-20-2012, 11:33 AM #5
Before replacing the DRL Sensor, if you haven't, I would check the......Daytime Running Lamps Relay(Fuse) which is located in the Engine Bay Fuse box??.....if the Fuse Checks Out to be OK,
Then here's a Diagram of the Dash, I know it doesn't help with how to remove the DRL Sensor, by looking at the diagram.......it looks like the Sensor(Number #11)comes up from the bottom, to mount to the top of the dash??.......I'm guessing here, that maybe by removing the Dash Surround, you'll be able to see what is the best way to get to the DRL Sensor....
Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 06-20-2012 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Aded Infor.
5.3 l 3.73 l G80
BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN
06-20-2012, 07:59 PM #6
This is for a 2003 Tahoe...but maybe can apply in your situation.
- If equipped with air conditioning (A/C), set the air flow control to the instrument panel (IP) vent position.
- Apply the parking brake to prevent the vehicle from moving.
- If the transmission is automatic, move the shift lever all the way down.
- Tilt the steering wheel to the full down position.
- Remove the IP cluster trim plate bezel. Pull the cluster bezel toward you to release the clips.
- Remove the end panels. The left panel is shown, and the right panel is similar.
- Remove the right side air outlets.
- Remove the assist handle by depressing the release tabs accessed through the air outlet duct holes.
- Remove the windshield pillar garnish moldings.
- Remove the bolts retaining the panel to IP assembly.
- Lift the trim panel up to disconnect the electrical connector (1) to the ambient light sensor on the underside of the trim panel.
- Remove the trim panel from the IP assembly.
- Connect the electrical connector (1) to the ambient light sensor on the underside of the trim panel.
- Install the trim panel to the IP assembly.Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
- Install the trim panel retaining screws.Tighten
Tighten the trim panel retaining screws to 2 N·m (18 lb in).
- Install the windshield pillar garnish moldings.
- Align the assist handle with the holes in the IP assembly. Push the handle in order to engage the retaining tabs.
- Install the right side air outlets.
- Install the end panels. The left panel is shown, and the right panel is similar.
- Install the IP cluster trim plate bezel.
- Tilt the steering wheel to the normal driving position.
- If the transmission is automatic, move the shift lever to the park position.
- Disengage the parking brake.
By bob s in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-06-2012, 06:45 AM
By DOBERDEWD in forum Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)Replies: 2Last Post: 12-31-2011, 08:35 PM
By 04blackz71 in forum Chevy Truck AccessoriesReplies: 6Last Post: 10-28-2009, 07:23 PM
By 4gstarion in forum Audio, Video & Gadget TechReplies: 0Last Post: 08-10-2008, 10:29 PM
By el_presidente in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit ChatReplies: 4Last Post: 11-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Tags for this Thread