GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cats gone

Default cats gone

I have looked on the internet and found different videos of the sound. Just wondering if anyone has cut their cats off and thought it was too loud. We have a few prick cops around here so they love noise ordinance tickets. I have Flowmaster 44's, 3" pipes, exiting 5" tips.

Would no cats be too loud or not??

I wouldn't do it. But my buddy is running no cat to a Flowmaster (IDK what series but its a short muffler) and its not very loud below 2500. I'd just rather have the cats on my truck.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

The fine is pretty hefty if caught with out cats
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Depends on where you are. Some states have no requirements. They're usually quite rural...

I thought it vwas a federal law. At least when a shop takes them off
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    I thought it vwas a federal law. At least when a shop takes them off
    It is. A shop can't legally remove them in all 50 states according to my exhaust shop.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

I dont know about that. All it is, is for emissions .....right???? I can cut them out at work. I may cut them out and split them. Weld them back together and make it look like they arre real. I like the deep rumble when they are gone but hate tickets more!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catmechanic07 View Post
    I dont know about that. All it is, is for emissions .....right???? I can cut them out at work. I may cut them out and split them. Weld them back together and make it look like they arre real. I like the deep rumble when they are gone but hate tickets more!!!
    YOU can personally do whatever you want to them. A SHOP can not legally do it.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    YOU can personally do whatever you want to them. A SHOP can not legally do it.
    I know in Utah you fail your inspection if they aren't there. So I guess there is some leway between the state lines.
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    I know in Utah you fail your inspection if they aren't there. So I guess there is some leway between the state lines.
    When I lived in KS there was no state inspection. The only inspection you had to get was a VIN check when bringing a vehicle into state because you moved there; they'd run it to make sure it wasn't stolen. Beyond that, no emissions checks, no annual inspection of any kind, nada. Old school. It's one of the few things I liked about KS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast