GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Worst day ever :( totaled the truck

Well the truck is done :( I never thought it would happen to me! I was headed out to my grandpa's yesterday evening on a country road when a lady in a tracker was looking at her gps and pulled out right in front of me and I t-boned her at about 45 mph. Here's a picture of the truck right after it happened. I haven't had the heart to take anymore yet :(

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Dude that sucks, it makes me wanna cry too. I hope everyone was alright! But it's tough luck and shows ppl need to pay attention to the road when in a vehicle
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

OUCH dude! sorry to hear that! glad your ok though. did u go get checked out just to make sure?

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Wow, glad that you walked away from it (I hope you walked away from it - sounds like you're ok) ... that's a problem with country roads, less traffic at times means that people put their guard down, add to it distractions like the gps or cell phone ... we're gonna start seeing a whole lot more of this over time.

Quote Originally Posted by ntbush83 View Post
    Well the truck is done :( I never thought it would happen to me! I was headed out to my grandpa's yesterday evening on a country road when a lady in a tracker was looking at her gps and pulled out right in front of me and I t-boned her at about 45 mph. Here's a picture of the truck right after it happened. I haven't had the heart to take anymore yet :(

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Sorry to hear your truck got wrecked. Hopefully this is the start to something bigger end better.

Dang. What a way to have a good day go bad. First and foremost are you ok? emotionally I know but physically how the heck are you? Go to a medical provider and get a full check up. Never hurts to check as most injuries show a few days after an accident.
    Trucks can be repaired/replaced people can not.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Ugh. Just. Ugh....

Condolences to the truck, I hope everyone is ok. As above, I hope this is the springboard to something bigger and better.
    Brian L.

Brian Larson CST. KC9DAK.
    Janesville WI.
    87 GMC G20 6.2 diesel.

Master Mechanic

Oh man I'm so sorry. Just be thankful that you didn't get major injuries. Try to think of the good memories and cherish the pictures with her all shined up, or covered in mud if that's your thing . Best wishes going forward!

Oh crap. Glad you're ok. I second what Steve said, people let their guards down.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by