GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default truck was keyed...

some gutless coward keyed my otherwise gorgeous 2008 sierra on the front edge of the hood. to have the hood repaired and painted is a waste cause nothing is going to look as good and last like a factory finish (not to mention they'll never match the color).

any suggestions?

i was thinking a bug deflector, though those look like sh*t too...
    Last edited by ramu3527; 06-19-2012 at 08:55 AM.

See if you can't knock it down some with some rubbing compound and a old t shirt.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

yeah, its in the paint...i can see primer... if i'm lucky and it didn't go to the metal...

Blog Entries

What color is the truck? Shop around for some painters, there is this guy I know here in Waco that can do very well on matching colors. He can even manage to make the paint look like it's been in the sun just as long as the vehicle! Pretty talented young feller.

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, there is no need to embarrass him."

2012 Silverado 1500 Texas Edition 4x4 LT skid plate, 5000k 55W low beams with DRL fuse removed, 5000k 35W fog lamps.

Leveling kit and tires coming soon.

Leaving for boot camp at MCRDSD 20121008.

Blog Entries

Had the same thing happen to my 2010, from passenger side headlight to tailgate... because i was parked in front of another units building... Thanks 3-4 INF.
    I just got my whole truck repainted stock color with an insurance claim for vandalism.
    "God love's the army with the best artillery"

Quote Originally Posted by 2010_Silverado View Post
    Had the same thing happen to my 2010, from passenger side headlight to tailgate... because i was parked in front of another units building... Thanks 3-4 INF.
    I'm surprised a cinder block hasn't fallen from a plane onto someone's car roof. Those things happen, you know... it's strange when they do, but they do.

Quote Originally Posted by RallySTX View Post
    Gutless F###s are everywhere. I've been burglarized twice since I moved in here. Both times I could do nothing but watch them steal from my trucks. The first guuy even yelled my name at me, while his girl took over $300 in hand tools, later I lost a Federal Signal emergency light. Both times witness lied to protect the crooks. Never had a truck that new, but I liked the ones I had, so you have my sympathy.
    Brian L.
    That's messed up!

I'm gonna speak from experience. A F-Wad keyed my truck and stole my GMC symbol at a local mall. It was maybe a mm wide and 4 ft long. I took it to my dealers body shop and they repainted and matched it for 300 bucks, which isn't bad. Better than those paint touch up markers....

2010 GMC Sierra Texas Edition
    K&N CAI
    Spintech Muffler
    8000k HID Kit (Lows)
    3000k HID Kit (Fogs)
    Custom LEDS
    Denali Punch Grille
    1000W JL Amp.
    Competition 12 JLs
    Alpine DVD/Navi Screen

Check out My CarDomain!: http://tinyurl.com/88tcb7v

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Quote Originally Posted by KevAlexander View Post
    I'm gonna speak from experience. A F-Wad keyed my truck and stole my GMC symbol at a local mall. It was maybe a mm wide and 4 ft long. I took it to my dealers body shop and they repainted and matched it for 300 bucks, which isn't bad. Better than those paint touch up markers....
    Where was the damage? That doesn't sound bad at all...

Quote Originally Posted by ramu3527 View Post
    Where was the damage? That doesn't sound bad at all...
    It was from my hood down to the bottom left corner of my fender

2010 GMC Sierra Texas Edition
    K&N CAI
    Spintech Muffler
    8000k HID Kit (Lows)
    3000k HID Kit (Fogs)
    Custom LEDS
    Denali Punch Grille
    1000W JL Amp.
    Competition 12 JLs
    Alpine DVD/Navi Screen

Check out My CarDomain!: http://tinyurl.com/88tcb7v

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast