GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Master Mechanic
    AMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    944

    Default

    well if you want something to cover it and you want a bug deflector that doesn't stick out check out the AVS aeroskin deflector.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deflector.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	40855
    Last edited by AMac; 06-19-2012 at 11:03 PM.




  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ramu3527 View Post
    i was thinking a bug deflector, though those look like sh*t too...

      1. Just thinking, what if you got a bug deflector. Then get it dipped by Gorilla Hydro Dip or buy some kind of skin and put that on the deflector. Yes it is still a bug deflector but it wonít be that bad because it will be custom and a little style.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

    Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    well if you want something to cover it and you want a bug deflector that doesn't stick out check out the AVS aeroskin deflector.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deflector.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	40855
    Yeah, I've seen that. It seems to just stick on with adhesives. I had another truck where is attached under the front edge of the hood using factory holes. I was able to go through the car wash with no problem. I do like the look of that Aeroskin though. Maybe I'll have to just wash her by hand from now on.

    I was also looking at one made by Stampede. They have a 'low profile' one that attaches under the hood.

    All that being said, looking at your picture I can't even see the deflector on your truck. Is there even one on there? Do you have any other pics from different angles? Have you ever gone through the car wash with it on?

    Thanks for the help man...

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curky View Post

      1. Just thinking, what if you got a bug deflector. Then get it dipped by Gorilla Hydro Dip or buy some kind of skin and put that on the deflector. Yes it is still a bug deflector but it won’t be that bad because it will be custom and a little style.
    So I can get anything dipped by them? Any shape and size? Yeah, that's an option I guess.

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ramu3527 View Post
    So I can get anything dipped by them? Any shape and size? Yeah, that's an option I guess.

    If you go to form front page, scroll down to sponsors, click on Gorilla Hydro Dip. Take a look in their forms. They do have limits. Take a look, if your size is over contact them. They might have a way around it or some kind of other options for you. No, I do not work for them. I just think it is real cool what they do. We also get some kind of discount; make sure to tell them you are with GMTC.

    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/86716-Who-wants-in-Create-a-Tag-Line-Free-Hydro-Dip-Gorilla-Hydro-Dip#axzz1yQIDdBx6

    On this thread is the only place I can find a size. I would contact them. 16Wx30L. maybe they can do one half and then the other. I would contact them for real.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

    Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

  6. #16

    Default

    The AVS Aeroskin uses 3M automotive adhesive tape to mount it; it does NOT use the factory mount points on the underside of the hood. (That's the only reason I don't own one.)

  7. #17

    Default

    I'm gonna speak from experience. A F-Wad keyed my truck and stole my GMC symbol at a local mall. It was maybe a mm wide and 4 ft long. I took it to my dealers body shop and they repainted and matched it for 300 bucks, which isn't bad. Better than those paint touch up markers....

    2010 GMC Sierra Texas Edition
    K&N CAI
    Spintech Muffler
    8000k HID Kit (Lows)
    3000k HID Kit (Fogs)
    Custom LEDS
    Denali Punch Grille
    1000W JL Amp.
    Competition 12 JLs
    Alpine DVD/Navi Screen

    Check out My CarDomain!: http://tinyurl.com/88tcb7v


    When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.


  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevAlexander View Post
    I'm gonna speak from experience. A F-Wad keyed my truck and stole my GMC symbol at a local mall. It was maybe a mm wide and 4 ft long. I took it to my dealers body shop and they repainted and matched it for 300 bucks, which isn't bad. Better than those paint touch up markers....
    Where was the damage? That doesn't sound bad at all...

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ramu3527 View Post
    Where was the damage? That doesn't sound bad at all...
    It was from my hood down to the bottom left corner of my fender

    2010 GMC Sierra Texas Edition
    K&N CAI
    Spintech Muffler
    8000k HID Kit (Lows)
    3000k HID Kit (Fogs)
    Custom LEDS
    Denali Punch Grille
    1000W JL Amp.
    Competition 12 JLs
    Alpine DVD/Navi Screen

    Check out My CarDomain!: http://tinyurl.com/88tcb7v


    When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.


  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevAlexander View Post
    It was from my hood down to the bottom left corner of my fender
    No kidding. So they painted the entire hood and fender?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 01:00 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 07:50 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 12:10 PM
  4. My Daugther's Car got keyed!!!
    By adampaul1964 in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 11:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •