GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I grew up in Tulsa. I live in Tennessee now and while I like it, I dearly miss home. Yeah, the weather sucks most of the year (either too hot or too cold) but it's still home. I went unemployed for two years after I came off Active Duty and seeing how the economy in Tulsa and OKC didn't take as hard a hit as many other parts of the country, I wonder if I would have been better off shelling out the money it would have cost for me to move back home. But now that I have a decent job, it would take the perfect opportunity for me to be able to move back. But that being said, if that perfect opportunity did arise, I'd probably move back home in a heartbeat. My cousin, who now lives in Indiana (has for 15 years) feels the same way and luckily he has a wife who would be supportive of such a move. Whoever I marry (if I ever find someone worth marrying; I kinda wonder at this point), is going to have to understand that.

Fly Over States by Jason Aldean makes me homesick as hell too.
    93 Suburban (Southern Slayer): TBI 350, 4L60E
    73 Z28 Camaro: L82, TKO 600

KJ4CLI

"...Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back..."

I actually just read one of your last posts. You said you were into mechanics. I know right off of 5 places looking for mechanics here. 4 dealers and 1 private company. Just saying.......LOL!

Thanks catmechanic07 I'll have to check that out especially since you said on another thread that gas is arround the $3 range lowest I seen here was $3.19 last week then it shot up to $3.39 after that mess in Egypt this week & this morning it was $3.29 The area I'm in now is about 2 hours southeast of Tulsa, the cost of living is low or so I think. We spent $90k on our 3 bed 2 ba 2 car garage 1200 heated cooled 15oo total sqft home with the 2.75 ac & this was a new construction we had built. But like I've heard about Missouri its like the working poor the cost of living is cheap but the pay is about equal. My brother inlaw lives in Tulsa & has said the cost of living vs pay is better there since he has lived in both areas. I know this move would not be anytime soon if at all just looking at the options. I'm just in range to get the Tulsa News channel so I've been watching it once in a while to see if crime is as bad as it is here.
    2007 Silverado RS, 4.8 V8, 2WD
    Flowmaster Super 44 with turndown
    Black painted front grille & bumper
    Black / red Painted bowties
    Black 18in. Silverado wheels
    Black / Red interior conversion (in process)
    89 Chevy Sport tribute decals

Have you looked at moving to anywhere in Texas? I've lived here my whole life and don't think I will ever move away.. As far as I can see the economy here is great and jobs are everywhere you look. I live in Dallas and the people here are great, everyone is friendly and and will welcome you with open arms. If your looking for the small town feel but want to be practically next door to the city I would suggest looking into Forney (where I live). The schools are all credited for and Dallas is only 15-20 minutes away. I actually bought 2 acres of land for 24K in an "Ranch community" that i paid off first then two years ago built a 4300 square foot 6 bedroom 5 bathroom with a garage and even an 1200 square foot shop in the back for 290K and the whole house is brick and stone which I guess is the new modern look, and like you said you don't need anything that big so you could get a great deal on a perfect size home. Last time I checked the average wage for a single person in Texas normally averaged between 50-55K a year. OKC is not that far away from Texas so frequent family trips would not be a problem! If you have any question don't be afraid to ask, anything from where to look for houses to jobs! I wish you the best in your search for a new start for your family!

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12