GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Fuel Delivery Problem...

I have a 2002 silverado 5.3l vortec, I have had her since she was a baby (35k miles)
    She now has 170k, never had one problem until yesterday. Normally i change fuel filter pretty frequent but times have been hectic and i've managed to forget. So yesterday i was driving down a a mountain side and she started coughing and eventually died. I figured it was a clogged fuel filter. Towed it home, (After a 8 mile hike down the road). When started she would run and idle fine and as soon as you pressed gas she died or if you left it running for more than 15-20 seconds she'd die.
    Now, i changed the fuel filter, it was heavily clogged with the **** gas that is available nowadays... i couldn't even blow air through it. Now, she runs and will idle forever. And you can press the gas and she hesitates then coughs and almost dies or will die all together. I don't know if the nasty gas gunk got through the filter or what. But im having trouble figuring this out. I checked the fuel pressure regulator and no gas comes out when you pull the vacuum. But i did remove it a few minutes ago and im not sure if this is how its supposed to be but if you try to blow or suck through the **** it is very clogged feeling, only a very very small amount of air will pass through. Any suggestions?

could be crap in the lines too.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Pop the quick disconnects offthe fuel rail and blow them out. The sock on the pump
    in the tank might be plugged or the pump itself.
    01' 1500 LT Z71 ECSB 5.3L
    line-x'd front brush guard with KC Daylighters, 6000k HID lows and highs, rewired highbeams, Trans-go mild shift kit, custom stainless duals, 3500 dually OEM taillights, K&N CAI. Still have OEM fender flairs and leveling kit in boxes waiting for time.

I agree with Shibby but if you are gonna do any blowing....use a air hose. Dont want you sucking in any of those fumes...

2010 GMC Sierra Texas Edition
    K&N CAI
    Spintech Muffler
    8000k HID Kit (Lows)
    3000k HID Kit (Fogs)
    Custom LEDS
    Denali Punch Grille
    1000W JL Amp.
    Competition 12 JLs
    Alpine DVD/Navi Screen

Check out My CarDomain!: http://tinyurl.com/88tcb7v

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.