GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default 10 vehicles to end production in 2012 Check this out.....

http://restylingmag.com/news/10-vehi...uction-in-2012
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

At least the Colorado is retiring the same year as the Ranger...

I thought the Canyon was supposed to be redesigned this coming year.

Blog Entries

I think that is the last one that will be coming out if it does. If not, I'm glad it's being retired, it wasn't my favorite truck to see on the road. Small LUV trucks had their spot in our history, now adays what's really small but large enough to need a LUV truck? I think our newer trucks are more than capable of doing all those things, and with the inflation in our economy it makes sense to get rid of things that don't sell and cost a bunch of money to keep alive.

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, there is no need to embarrass him."

2012 Silverado 1500 Texas Edition 4x4 LT skid plate, 5000k 55W low beams with DRL fuse removed, 5000k 35W fog lamps.

Leveling kit and tires coming soon.

Leaving for boot camp at MCRDSD 20121008.

Honestly I hate to see smaller trucks discontinued (other than the Ridgeline). Not everyone needs a big V8 truck and can haul 4000+ and huge bed . They are perfect for a boys first truck or people who live in the suburbs. IMO every family needs a truck either small or large. I am not even thinking about the business side, with the smaller truck not making enough profits blah blah blah. Plus it doesnt help the government placed stricter minimum fuel mpg on auto makers. Now what people have the option between is small suv/ honda ridgeline and skip right up a fullsize truck.
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

yeah thats true but most new full size trucks were getting almost as good if not better gas milage as the small outdated trucks.
    2007 Chevy
    Reg cab
    2wd
    4.3 v6
    32'' bfgoodrich all terrains

If they don't sing, they don't sling.

I have a friend that bought a Colorado and everything was great until a few things happened......... 1. it burns close to enough gas that he wishes he just got a 1500 full size Silverado and 2. very few companies support it for aftermarket parts so he can't upgrade much.

It's a good thing they they are discontinuing them. The aftermarket space for the S-10 is still bigger than anything available for the Colorado.