GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jr. Apprentice

Default need some reference pics of black headlights

so, im on the fence of either clear or black headlights. because, if i tint my altezza tails on the truck now, i wanna do a black headlight. if i put stockers back in i want to do a clear headlight. so im just looking for a reference pic(s), because i dont know if its been done and im kinda iffy on doing a black headlight on the pewter.

also, does anyone have any pics of tinted tails on these trucks? i know, i know, search function. but i wasnt able to find anything.

IMO sell altezza tails, go with OEM 03-06 Chevy taillights and clear headlights/corner lenses
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Jr. Apprentice

i would go with the 03-06 tails, but im not good at all with wiring. although i would love to do 03-06 tails and yeah I am leaning more and more towards clear headlights.

i got some pictures of my truck just a few posts down... black lights
    2004 gmc sierra ext z71 5.3
    PERFORMANCE...
    KB racing hot pipes 3.5" : 76mm turbo: 4l80e : Circle-d 2b multi disk :Walbro 400 : Racetronix Hotwire kit : TB coolant bypass : Nelson 91 Pcm : Tr 220 Cam : Brian Tooley double springs kit : Ls7 Lifters : Stage 3 heads : Custom Intake Manifold :80lb Injectors : Ported TB : 40k tranny cooler: Plx dm-100 gauge: Auto meter fuel and boost gauge:
    APPEARANCE...
    Custom Speedo : Leveling kit :Smoked led taillights and 3rd break light : Black projectors and fogs with hids : Blacked out grille : 33's on 16's : Clarion flip screen: sound que 12" subs: clerion 6x9's : Memhpis amps: Alpine componet set.
    Future mods... Detriot tru-trac, deviels own stage 2 meth kit, MORE BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the 03+ tails on my 99 GMC and they look so much better. I have clear headlights on my truck that have a dark gray look.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

And to change the tails all you'd have to do is shave a little bit of the socket which is what I did with a knife.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Jr. Apprentice

riley i sent you a pm.

i was told in my introduction thread that i needed to do some hard wiring..

Quote Originally Posted by Cow_tipper 01 View Post
    riley i sent you a pm.

i was told in my introduction thread that i needed to do some hard wiring..
    As I mentioned in your other thread, you only have to do a Hard Wire, for the One Extra Bulb that the 03" and up Taillights have, if you don't want that extra bulb to work, then you can just use your Taillight Wiring Harness, and as rielyjr16 has mentioned, would just need to trim some of the socket, for the bulb to fit.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Jr. Apprentice

ooh ok. sorry i misunderstood your post. Thanks for the clarification. If i dont end up getting these 01 tails im bidding on ill end up finding some 03+ tails. thanks everyone. BTW, i have some clear corners on order, should be here next wednesday.

Ive already removed the stickers on the side, so the truck is slowly coming along. Now time for some HID's.

icture
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow_tipper 01 View Post
    ooh ok. sorry i misunderstood your post. Thanks for the clarification. If i dont end up getting these 01 tails im bidding on ill end up finding some 03+ tails. thanks everyone. BTW, i have some clear corners on order, should be here next wednesday.

Ive already removed the stickers on the side, so the truck is slowly coming along. Now time for some HID's.
    No worries..............I should have been a little more clear, bottom line, its a easy swap to do......and when you get the New Clear corners on, post-up some pics.

Here's my truck with the 03's.....

Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 06-22-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Aded Picture

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast