GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Got my truck leveled today! (pics inside!)

So, since i had the day off today, i decided it was a good day to get the leveling kit installed. I thought about doing the rear block kit as well, but decided not to, as I like how the truck looked so much leveled I decided to leave it alone.

got one pre and post install in the same spot. along with a few during. could have taken more, but I wasnt trying to doa how to thread, as the instructions that Readylift send with the kit a very straight forward.

I measured pre and post install. ground to fender went from 36 and 1/8th to 38 and 3/4s. both sides were within a 1/16th of an inch after the install, so i think i must have done something right. the front and rear are within 1/4 inch of each other, with the front sitting just a touch higher on the left side. I am going to keep the rear block kit, it may get put in, just not sure about it right now. enough from me, questions and comments are welcome.

Alex

PICS!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0198.jpg   IMAG0199.jpg   IMAG0200.jpg   IMAG0201.jpg   IMAG0202.jpg  

IMAG0203.jpg   IMAG0204.jpg   IMAG0205.jpg  

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Nice now do the sway bars and have some fun with a BMW ...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Thanks for the pics. I just got my '11 1500 LTZ and I've been wondering where exactly those strut extensions go. I've noticed some kits come with them and some are just 2" lower blocks. I guess they're necessary to get the full 2.5"?

How much is the Readylift kit? I can get a 2" kit that is just the lower blocks for $60 shipped so I'm still weighing my options.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuchHorrorBusiness View Post
    Thanks for the pics. I just got my '11 1500 LTZ and I've been wondering where exactly those strut extensions go. I've noticed some kits come with them and some are just 2" lower blocks. I guess they're necessary to get the full 2.5"?

How much is the Readylift kit? I can get a 2" kit that is just the lower blocks for $60 shipped so I'm still weighing my options.

Thanks in advance.
    the ready lift kit is great, easy to follow the instructions, nice clear pictures. i did a review for it. copy and pasted here for you.

well, ill add a quick little review for it here, since i got it installed today.

on a scale of 1-10 for difficulty id say it was a 5 or so. I had access to a two post lift, which made things much easier. this is something a person could do in there driveway, but i wouldn't recomend it. A air impact was a big help. the instruction sheet that came with it was very clear and easy to follow, with good pictures. provided parts fit like a glove. install took me about and hour and 45 minutes, with a few short breaks to cool off a bit (very warm here today, shop has no A/C)

A few tips, read thru the instructions and understand them! A jack stand or some other blocking material is very handy when take apart the top ball joint. one thing i would also suggest is soaking the parts in PB blaster or similar if you are doing this to a older and/or rusted truck. Since mine is a 2011 it wasn't to bad, but i could see it being a issue on a older truck, or one that has been in the rust belt for a while. measure things! make sure to measure the threads of the sway bar and ball joint bolts and try to get things back to that measurement, that way your front end wont be way off when you re-asemble things.

You don't need a lot of tools, a good set of box wrenches, a good socket set, and a pry bar is all you HAVE to have, along with a jack and some jack stands if you are not using a lift. there are a few spots a extra set of hands could be useful, if nothing else to hand you tools. :-D im a decent wrench turner, so i didn't find this overly difficult, defiantly better then paying a shop to put it in. as i like to say, learn by doing!

to address you questions about the difference in kits. some kits do things in different ways, it all depends on how they were designed. if you really to get a good idea, call the different manufactures and ask them about it, try and get a idea that way.
    the price is $229.99 straight from readylift. you may be able to find it cheaper at places like autoanything.

Alex
    Last edited by Sierraowner5.3; 06-16-2012 at 08:55 AM.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Looking great Alex! It makes a big difference in the attitude of your truck. I bet it just runs meaner now too! Keep up the good work! Gotta love the auto hobby shop!

Luke
    There is no problem that can't be solved with the liberal application of C-4!

Luke, Florida
    1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (SOLD)
    2006 Pontiac GTO LS2, K&N CAI, SLP Loudmouth Cat-back Exhaust
    2009 GMC Sierra All-Terrain CCSB, Rancho 4" Lift w/ RS9000XL shocks, K&N CAI, Airaid TBS, Flowmaster 40 series, DiabloSport Trinity, ATX Artillary 18x9, Nitto Trail Grappler 295/70/18, Yakima Bike Rack, Line-X, Access Vanish Tonneau Cover, 15% Tint all around, Wet Okole Seat Covers.

I thought about leveling this truck out too...i had a full rough country lift on my 03 and it worked/looked sweet but it took a ton away from pulling power...it made my truck ride so high up front pulling the camper/trailer...with this truck i just wanna (if) i did this just do the front...with my camper hooked up the front was raised prolly 5 inches compared to the rear and i dont wanna do that mistake with this truck....will just doing the front do what my other truck did???

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    Factory Black Running Boards
    BF Goodrich All-Terrain KO's(265/65R18)
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    Bowtie Mud Flaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    DeeZee Toolbox(Debadged)
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Bigger Tires
    Aftermarket Rims

Looks great Alex.
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Looking good man! I really love it!

i still need to get it realigned, but i made a point to check things before taking it apart and tried to get things as close as I could while reassembling it all. so it shouldn't be to far off.

and thanks fernie and animal, you guys posted about having yours done and i liked it so much I HAD to do it.

Alex

Blog Entries

Looks great! However, for some reason I just don't like those steps on the bottom of the truck. It just ruins the Feng shuiof the truck. Other than that, LOVE IT! Now just throw some meaner tires on there and call it a day

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, there is no need to embarrass him."

2012 Silverado 1500 Texas Edition 4x4 LT skid plate, 5000k 55W low beams with DRL fuse removed, 5000k 35W fog lamps.

Leveling kit and tires coming soon.

Leaving for boot camp at MCRDSD 20121008.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast