GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Putting red LED lights in a 02 silvrado dashboard

Ok so I saw a forum on this I'll leave a link below. But my Idea is to take the cassette player out and put in read LED lights with a clear cover cut out in the word ALLISON. I want to sync it with my dash lights to so I can dim it at will. The red led lights are no problem finding. I just need help with finding a clear cut out saying ALLISON and how I can sync it with my dash lights.

Forum-http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...067#post478067

Here is where I got the Idea
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dannycruz837-albums-illuminated+door+sills-picture140396-night-hella-bright.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	40863 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4976079_6.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	40864And here is where I would like to put the LEDS (in the read highlighted area)
    02 Silverado 2500hd|496ci bigblock|Botch fuel pump replacement|True dual Magnaflows|UV-10 Jensen head unit|All four speaker Kickers|Kicker tweeters|10in Kicker sub|250watt Kicker Amp|Volant Cold Airintake|PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer|33in Nitto Trail Grapplers|8000k Hid Halo Lights

That is probably something you are going to have to make from a material like plexiglas. lightly scribe the logo backwards into the back of the piece, then paint it black. Drill holes to mount the LEDs into each edge of the plexiglas and insert an LED. Paint over the LEDs or in some way, block the LED so it doesn't let off any direct light. That should do ya.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

I get the hold mounting it into the Plexiglas but painting over the led so it does not let off direct light is foggy to me. I'm not getting what you are saying.
    02 Silverado 2500hd|496ci bigblock|Botch fuel pump replacement|True dual Magnaflows|UV-10 Jensen head unit|All four speaker Kickers|Kicker tweeters|10in Kicker sub|250watt Kicker Amp|Volant Cold Airintake|PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer|33in Nitto Trail Grapplers|8000k Hid Halo Lights