GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First tow...

Quote Originally Posted by steved View Post
    No offense, but I would have bought another Cummins before a DMax. I know the Cummins pretty good, not so much on a DMax.

I had owned a Cummins for years, couldn't justify the upfront cost of another diesel and added cost of fuel for the limited towing we do...
    So you are kinda disappointed with the power she makes then?

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Former Member

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    So you are kinda disappointed with the power she makes then?

Not at all, compared to the last V8 I owned, or even some of the earlier diesel offerings; it towed exactly how I expected.

Don't get me wrong, its a compromise. Each has its pros/cons; but I don't regret the purchase of a gasser in today's market. Have I completely ditch owning a diesel? No, but they will need to become more realistic in reliability and economy, and cost of ownership.

Sr. Apprentice

Not at all, compared to the last V8 I owned, or even some of the earlier diesel offerings; it towed exactly how I expected.

Don't get me wrong, its a compromise. Each has its pros/cons; but I don't regret the purchase of a gasser in today's market. Have I completely ditch owning a diesel? No, but they will need to become more realistic in reliability and economy, and cost of ownership.
    I couldn't agree more.

The memories of a man in his old age, are the deeds of a man in his prime.

Just curious.. We're working on developing some heads for the 4.065 bore motors right now specifically designed to increase mid-range torque, which would in turn actually kind of work to your advantage at being able to tow at a more comfortable RPM range. And although I agree whole-heartedly with everyone that the motor was designed to pull its hardest at higher RPM.. we can change that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12